• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Story on BBC - Indian IT Consultant comes to UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Forgetful: "as long as HMG gets the visa fee I don't think they really care"
    Sounds more like an opinion to me
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Sounds more like an opinion to me
      Forgetful & confused.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        Nope...we let everyone in, give them a house and money and then ask no questions.!!!

FYI , 95 percent of immigrants ( legal or illegal ) work basic work that you don’t want to work because you so damn clever or lazy. So don’t blame the people who come here , blame the government that allows them to come. ( It won’t listen to u )

Another FYI , all skilled indians are HSMP or intra-company transfer schemes ( illegal)

Comment

People on visas such as HSMP are not allowed to claim benefits. I don't know if the rule is enforced, though.
          Last edited by bored; 17 August 2007, 19:19.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6947910.stm

Quiet and clean streets, 4x4 cars and high-rise buildings form the first impressions of an IT consultant who comes to the UK from India. It's not like in Dickens, he tells his brother in a series of e-mails that chart his progress in making a new life with his family.

Vish Madughiri moved to the UK from Bangalore in 2003. He arrived with his son Akshay in Birmingham, where his wife Leela had settled some months earlier.

A series of e-mails to his brother over a number of years reveals how getting a job was not as easy as he thought, and he feels the pull of his homeland as it undergoes an economic boom.

So how did he get a work permit and if he has lost his job, shouldn't he be going home? Or can anyone come here, sign on and look for work?

Just wondered like.
            Sorry, but this story is a load of bollox.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

At LogicaCMG they replaced British Indians in Birmingham with Indians from Bangalore. One of them actually told me that "all these bloody Indians are stealing our jobs".

Its nothing to do with this mythical skills shortage whatsoever, its purely down to the fact that they are cheaper. In fact they were turning down higher skilled people who were British nationals.

2uk, I still haven't fathomed why all the unskilled Pakistanis are allowed in, unlike the unskilled eastern europeans you don't see any working on building sites or picking fruit in the country. Perhaps there is a shortage of curry experts. Any ideas?
              Last edited by GreenerGrass; 18 August 2007, 10:15.

Comment

We are all brothers under the skin.
                This secular thinking is, or should be redundant in what is now a global community.
                We in the west have raped and pillaged the lands that these people come from, we have taken the wealth of nations and now try to deny the children of these nations succor in their need and sanctuary in their search for peace.
                We emigrate to and work in their countries and try to deny them the right to reciprocate.
                We have a moral obligation to promote an international blending of skills and culture.
                We have forced our culture upon the world and the world has turned.
                Wake up!
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Hmm!

They may never talk to me again
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    We are all brothers under the skin.
                    This secular thinking is, or should be redundant in what is now a global community.
                    We in the west have raped and pillaged the lands that these people come from, we have taken the wealth of nations and now try to deny the children of these nations succor in their need and sanctuary in their search for peace.
                    We emigrate to and work in their countries and try to deny them the right to reciprocate.
                    We have a moral obligation to promote an international blending of skills and culture.
                    We have forced our culture upon the world and the world has turned.
                    Wake up!
                    We in the west have raped and pillaged the lands that these people come from
                    Civilised the savages and shown them how to build succesfull nations, shown them the rule of law, & how governments, and nations should behave

we have taken the wealth of nations and now try to deny the children of these nations succor in their need and sanctuary in their search for peace.
                    Please explain- not sure why you have linked the two statememts

How many from the West are trying to emigrate to Africa or India?

Bollox & if anything sounds a bit colonial
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Hmm!

They may never talk to me again
                      very clever diver, on some subjects

Comment

Working...
                      X