• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Doom - And so it begins...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill
    Is this the start of the end?

World markets fall
    Certainly looks like it.
    The same greed that sent the market up is now bringing it down.

Some choice quotes:

"The Bank of Japan injected one trillion yen ($8.5bn; £4.2bn) into the financial system on Friday".

"The Reserve Bank of Australia on Friday added more than twice the usual amount of money into the banking system, injecting A$4.95bn ($4.19bn; £2.08bn) in its regular morning money market operation".

"Central banks in Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines intervened to sell dollars to support their currencies".

"European indexes had slumped earlier after BNP Paribas froze three funds, saying the market for some of the assets they contained had disappeared".

"The European Central Bank injected a record $130.6bn (£64.6bn) into Europe's money markets to prevent a financial system seizure. And on Friday it made a further contribution to the eurozone banking market but gave no indication of how much it was injecting".

"In the US, the Federal Reserve was reported to have taken similar action, pumping about $24bn into the US banking system".

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
      And in the End
      The Love you Take
      Is equal to the Love
      You Make ...
      Well sasguru is quids in, provided they factor in all the "love" he has made to himself with his hands!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

oh dear. So happy I took all my dosh out of the markets (FTSE 100 = 6550) in Apr/May and paid off the mortgage.
        I love high interest rates, markets and property values falling.
        They seek me here, they seek me there, I am the shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh
          oh dear. So happy I took all my dosh out of the markets (FTSE 100 = 6550) in Apr/May and paid off the mortgage.
          I love high interest rates, markets and property values falling.
          They seek me here, they seek me there, I am the TheRightStuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh

Comment

markets are in a free fall. Only the opening of the Dow can help it. Although I think that's going to make it even worse. This could end being really bad today. I was predicting this morning that the FTSE would be 5??? points by the end of next week. Who knows it could even be today.

Comment

ok, ok futures are now pointing to a terrible opening we are all doooommmed etc, wheres the window

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    "If you go to Zahadoom, you will die".
                    Z'ha'dum

IGMC
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I'm sure it will all get better with a kiss.

Probably now's the best time to put some more money in and catch the bounce.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X