• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Doom - And so it begins...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I hope the end of the world does not happen today or tomorrow. I'm having a bbq tomorrow

Comment

"Well I hope the end of the world does not happen today or tomorrow. I'm having a bbq tomorrow"

OK Sunday it is then

God
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Is this the start of the end?

World markets fall
        No. Next.

The boom cannot be stopped. Not with Gordon in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
          No it's simply a correction, but has some way to run yet.

I wouldn't wish for a financial meltdown if I were you - it would likely put every one of us out of business. It may not be so bad for those who have saved up loads of cash though ...which isn't me unfortunately
          Doubt cash would be much good as it would be baseless in a meltdown scenario.

Wailing, gnashing-of-teeth, pestilence and no Big Brother - these will come to pass.

Just remember - no matter how bad things seem, they can always get worse....much, much worse

Misanthropy is where it is at today.

Comment

What's worse is that you phyically can't sell anything that is secured against the US sub-prime market - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport..._poison_1.html - the banks refuse to value them.
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
              What's worse is that you phyically can't sell anything that is secured against the US sub-prime market - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport..._poison_1.html - the banks refuse to value them.
              Read that, seems strange that you can't flog an asset in a financial market - don't they usually offer a nominal sum?

Comment

Out of Contract
                Money Spent
                See no future
                Pay no rent
                All the Moneys Gone - Nowhere to go

Any jobber got the sack
                Monday Morning turning back
                Yellow Lorry Slow
                Nowhere to go

But oh - that magic feeling
                Nowhere to go !

1-2-3-4-5-6-7
                All good children go to heaven

Comment

nasdaq futures are currently positive, could be in rebound mode

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    You can't post postive things.... it must be a dead cat bounce.

Doooooomed... etc.
                    Too right...and ater the collapse of the global financial system it won't be some drippy-hippy, sharing-caring nirvana. Nope, neo-feudalism with a twist of khmer rouge is coming down the line.

Comment

The IB that is my current client had a live tv announcment fromt he CEO beamed to everyones desktop this morning. He was obviously trying to calm the troops but he still painted a pretty grim picture. In his words "we are taking pain" .

Im not even at BNP!
                      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Working...
                      X