• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the best coffee machine?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heh! i remember at uni replacing an inch of a flatmate's Listerine with p1ss!

needless to say, the next morning after gargling his face was a picture!!

couldn't stand him, obviously..

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      You sad deluded gadget freaks, brain-washed by the media.
      The best coffee comes from either a simple Bodum press or one of those metal thingies the Italians use on a cooker.
      Sad what happens when the working class comes into a bit of money - good taste flies out the window

Ahhhhhh, nearly the whole of Italia has fallen for this then. However, my favourite gadget coffee machine is in the Cafe Santa Chiara on the Via di Santa Chiara. Lovely expressos, I breakfast there when in Rome.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I have a nice built in coffee machine in my new kitchen.

Water goes in one end coffee beans in the other. Press the button and there's the coffee. Steam nossle for capucino and latte machiato etc.
        Sagfredo, Lavazza or Illy beans delivered from an online supplier.

Cant beat it.
        Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 8 August 2007, 06:48.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          Cant beat it.
          I bet you'll be beating it when it breaks, just like I'm dreading the day my integrated fridge freezer goes tits up.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
            I bet you'll be beating it when it breaks, just like I'm dreading the day my integrated fridge freezer goes tits up.
            I am a contractor dear boy.
            I will just build a new kitchen around the new coffee machine.
            Last machine I bought was a free standing one in 99 and that is still going strong. Donated to a friend when I got the new one.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs
              for me the cafetiere, closely followed by the stove expresso pot.. i had a nice italian machine before - once the novelty wore off it became needless hassle..
              Cafetière is good for a long coffee. Stove-top pot was invented for Italians who didn't have an espresso machine at home, not really necessary now that you can have a decent machine at home (it's a good substitute but can be a bit bitter).

Need to try machines for personal preference I'm afraid, I have a Gaggia that I bought in Italy, and my partner has a much cheaper baby Krups: hers makes better espresso than mine.
              Last edited by Methuselah; 8 August 2007, 07:15.
              Wissen ist Macht, aber nichts wissen macht nichts.

Comment

You lot are all wannabe continentals... I drink Earls Grey whilst reminiscing nostalgically about the great British empire.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  You lot are all wannabe continentals... I drink Earls Grey whilst reminiscing nostalgically about the great British empire.
                  Mediocre tea with a nice initial smell....
                  Wissen ist Macht, aber nichts wissen macht nichts.

Comment

Originally posted by Methuselah
                    Mediocre tea with a nice initial smell....
                    I agree. Earl Grey is for wannabee aristos. The real upper class drink cheap Tetleys. And re-use the tea bag at least 3 times.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Stove-top espresso and a Lucky strike (or Marlboro Red if I can't get any LS) is the best breakfast you can have.

Oh and pet hate... people who pronounce espresso with an 'x' that one really gets on my breasts.

Comment

Working...
                      X