• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

citi - project / programme management??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mustang
    I fully agree and, in addition, there are so many companies that think they only have to educate their PM's in P2 and everyone else hasn't got a clue about it!
    Agreed. One of the things I find unfortunate is when I set up projects to P2 structures and someone in the project resource list moans because he actually has to produce a HLD or some other kind of deliverable.

In my current environment, one of my off-the-record projects is a culture change... teams here have to get used to doing things by the book. At least that's what senior management in this international services company want to enforce...

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
      That's what I meant by "nouse".
      I have no nouse at all. I wish I knew what it was. Most people do think I have some nous though.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I am the Tsar of project management. All you need for project success is me.

HTH

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Back on the topic, I went on a CITI course a few years ago now that was quite good. I think it's useful to get a taster of P2, as well as others....

P2 is OK, like anything though, the skill is how to use it....you see a lot PM's producing poor docs that arent achieving much, because the Project Office dictates you should.

Perhaps we should just burn anyone involved in the PO at the stake???

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08

Perhaps we should just burn anyone involved in the PO at the stake???
            Why does it always end in violence?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
              Because I don't know any better

Comment

It's the only language they understand.

Comment

Or maybe it's a valid Project Management Methodology....sod Prince.....just get a wriggle on, or I'll clip you round the ear!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08
                    Or maybe it's a valid Project Management Methodology....sod Prince.....just get a wriggle on, or I'll clip you round the ear!!!

More violence !

And a classic answer, sod Prince, just get moving, it doesn't matter where. Just look like you are doing something...

Comment

More violence !

And a classic answer, sod Prince, just get moving, it doesn't matter where. Just look like you are doing something...
                      Or stop writing about how you're going to do it...and just get on with it...

Muttley in wind-up the PO types mode

Comment

Working...
                      X