• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bereavement Leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpikeLee
    One of my children died a few years ago and I was told that I was to be paid, and was paid, however that was PAYE.

So as a fully fledged contractor the consensus states NOTHING?

Thanks for your comments

SL
    Most employers have some sort of bereavement thing in their contract of employment/policy manual, but as a contractor that doesn't apply does it?

Since you aren't employed by them but by YourCo.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeLee
      So as a fully fledged contractor the consensus states NOTHING?
      As a contractor, you shouldn't be EXPECTING any paid time off whatsoever.

Comment

No, as a fully fledged cntractor, assuming you use a Ltd, you get paid your SALARY from the Ltd for berivement leave. But why should the company (a seperate legal entity) get anything?

Would you pay your plummer if he couldn't turn up because of a funeral?

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns
          No, as a fully fledged cntractor, assuming you use a Ltd, you get paid your SALARY from the Ltd for berivement leave. But why should the company (a seperate legal entity) get anything?

Would you pay your plummer if he couldn't turn up because of a funeral?

Comment

Working...
          X