• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which is better?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been a Lotus Notes/Domino 2nd/3rd line contractor since my last permie (9 years ago) and still enjoy the role and also still averaging £30 p/h to this day

Many have commented that it should have died years ago, but some of the big blues are still using it, and even migrating to it. GSK, BAA, Ernst & Young, IBM, Royal & Sun Alliance for instance, all of which I have had contracts with and has nicely kept the home fires burning!

Cheers Lotus/IBM, just give me one more year
    Last edited by arthur_cider; 3 November 2007, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by notescontractor View Post
      PS What are banking benefits usually?
      Good pension, insurance - pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by notescontractor View Post
        A permie job paying 45k + banking benefits or a contract paying £30/hour?

PS What are banking benefits usually?
        The contract pays even less than the permie money.

Not really much of a choice really. Some people might argue about a lifestyle decision. Right. But it must have a price, shouldn't be done for free.

If you are a contractor and end up in a long term accident they can get rid of you very quickly. Be permanent and if they get rid of you because of that, you can get loads of cash in compensation.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
        X