• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed I tell yer!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    Naahhh. the banks will invent 125 year mortgages. Housing boom to continue. Rich and corrupt home builders to earn even more.
    This is very almost like an Interest only mortgage.

Done. NEXT.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

OK, i'm a bit slow in the refreshing of the thread today. Oops
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin

Done. NEXT.
        "The M Word" with Gordon Ramsay.

Comment

Oh dear, seems Yorshire an humberside are the only places on the up. Interesting that the South East is struggling.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/pdf/p/hpi...rdJuly2007.pdf
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin

Done. NEXT.
            Almost, but it takes you and your children (and maybe their children) to pay it off.

The banks have come up with many ways of keeping this massive profit roller going. I'm sure they'll come up with many many more.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
              Almost, but it takes you and your children (and maybe their children) to pay it off.

The banks have come up with many ways of keeping this massive profit roller going. I'm sure they'll come up with many many more.
              The Swiss have been at it for ages: houses are unbelievably expensive, and they get paid off over generations... I was told by a very nice man in the Langtry Manor hotel in Bournemouth, a year or so ago. Mind you, he ended up virtually inviting me, my wife, and another couple at the same table to take part in bedroom activites. Declined, by the way!

Top Tip: Langtry Manor's chef is, in reality, a hamfisted, couldn't boil an egg amateur. BE WARNED. Correct as of last Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Bet yer avatar wouldn't have....
                No! But it's be a tight squeeze with us all in the loo!

Comment

Indeed....
                  It's a bit saddening, for me, that Peter Wyngarde would have been able to keep his career if his "indiscretion" had taken place just 30 years later (viz George Michael). A bloomin' good actor, with a rare ability to add zest to an essentially silly role.

Comment

Quite.

30 years is a looooong time... I can remember the discussion in work about it...
                    Agreed. But in terms of Society's take on this sort of thing, not that long, if you see what I mean. 30 years ago: career nuked; today: appear on Parky, centre spread in OK! magazine, warts-and-all autobiography for the Xmas market, etc.

"Discussion in work"? You ARE a dinosaur!

Comment

Yup...

Them were the days, colour telly and video cassette recorders were high tech...

The 8080 was new...

Ah.

Dear dead days beyond recall.
                      How did any of you survive without mobile phones? That's the real question.

Comment

Working...
                      X