• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed I tell yer!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry about your mortgages guys.

I am sure you were sensible enough when you financed your property to take out a fixed interest mortgage, just like me, at 3%, just like me.

It is all the speculative suckers with ARM's that should worry, not you.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I worry for the folks who have gone for 90%+ mortgages at 5x income multiples. When the bubble goes tits-up (and it will) those people are going to feel very agrieved - just like last time.

People have short memories and forget that market gains and losses are cyclical. The only thing that matters is guessing the right time to get on and off the roundabout.

"It won't happen THIS time!"... pull the other one

I guess this makes me a bear. Raaa..

Comment

If they'd let work me on that CDO-pricing project I pitched for last week, this would never have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          (and still be able to pay it at 25% interest)
          25% interest would be a bit of a stretch for me...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I keep reading respected (and less respected) commentators saying "But it's different this time..." and "the landing will be soft..."

Too bloody right it's different - the debt bubble is much worse!

Comment

Naahhh. the banks will invent 125 year mortgages. Housing boom to continue. Rich and corrupt home builders to earn even more.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

House prices went up by 0.7% across the UK last month, according to the latest survey from the Halifax bank.

The Halifax said July was the fourth month in a row to show a house price increase lower than 1%, indicating that the market was slowing down.
                Knife edge
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Global and national commerce has gone waaaaay beyond the good old days of actually having something tangible (gold) in the deep, dark vault to backup its credit status.

It's all pretend dosh, anyway, and, as lilelvis2000 said, there's no way the banks won't find a way around any hiccups like a housing crash. Of course, someone, somwewhere has to pay the price. Happily for we in the West, that's the disenfranchised in the sweatshops of the Eastern World, who'll carry on working for a penny a day.

Happy times!

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
                    Naahhh. the banks will invent 125 year mortgages. Housing boom to continue. Rich and corrupt home builders to earn even more.
                    We already have infinite length mortgages, I think they call them "intrest only".
                    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2
                      We already have infinite length mortgages, I think they call them "intrest only".

Comment

Working...
                      X