• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nanny's Back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been annoyed about some of the postings on the serious forums and I think some people deserve at least a warning for those.

Some of us do try to offer advice and relate our experience to newbies or for others who are coming across problems we have already dealt with. Those forums should be left alone. Posting crap (and posts about posting crap) on those boards should be warned. If the warning is not heeded the banning is the only option.

Inane drivel and off topic ramblings have been traditional in general and smut and innuendo have generally been transferred to Light Relief which was always a graveyards that nobody visited.
    Lately we have had more and more outright filth and topics aimed in that direction. The originators of those threads seem to do nothing but those type of thread.

I assume SP and the other mods have given some sort of warning before removing them all together.

In general this site has had just the right balance. We have been allowed to say pretty much what we like and we in turn have kept it pretty much clean. That balance has been somewhat upset lately and the perpatrators should know better.

Deserved bannings in my book.

To those who are complaining about the standards of this board: Stop moaning, you are entitled to join in and raise the level, you are allowed to post more high brow threads. The kiddies will play if they are bored. Gte a sense of humour.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

number of posts / days registered with Contractor UK = % Chance of random & silly posting on forum.

Seriously though, I remember noting someone's posting count having hit 1500 since june. I hope these people are on the bench, coz if you not, either your sat around at work with little or nothing to do (Disguised Permiedom, here I come) or sat at home, bored with nothing to do (Coz the school holidays have started). If either of these two apply, take note of what it says at the top of this page, consider for a moment if your really an IT Contractor - and, if not, don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.....
      Last edited by Weltchy; 31 July 2007, 06:14.

Comment

LG,

very well said

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          LG,

very well said

Milan.
          I have to say Benes: I am surprised that you have not been reprimanded for some of the drivel and pointless threads you start. You get away with posting all sorts in the wrong area too. Do you and SP have a "special" relationship?
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
          X