• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nanny's Back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
      I ought to save my response for LR.
      Indeed, I see there are some new posts in LR that may not last long. I think someone is going for a banning record.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
        Kind've asked for it with that thread title. This is like IRC all over again. I still think it'd be amusing to have a ban reason - eg:

Kyajae
        Banned: Loon.
        uh oh.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
          uh oh.
          What?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It must have been my fascinating posts in TPD about TRF radios that dun it...
            I enjoyed those - they help me get to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              It must have been my fascinating posts in TPD about TRF radios that dun it...
              I actually googled TRF radios you scaly cad.
              What's worse is I actually read your posts
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
                and the last, Kyajae Banned
                Banned for this thread or banned for other threads? I cannot see anything that explains why a ban has taken place. This thing isn't healthy. Perhaps the moderators are beyond questioning or under duress from elswhere, yes?

If it's the banned for this thread, I can then understand the British mentality. Same happened to Walter Wolfgang for commenting "rubbish" at Jack Straw at a New Labour party conference in 2005. Was he not arrested under anti terrorism laws too for his behavior?

Can it be that the thread title was designed to provoke debate but the moderators took the some other view as the "bait". Perhaps I will be banned too, yes? for questioning this.

Comment

I've watched the quality of postings on this forum decline slowly over the last year (especially in the last few months), to the point that certain members feel the need to express their humour and antics within even the deadly serious Business/Contracts and Accounting/Legal boards.

If the CUK forums are to remain a useful resource for contractors, as opposed to just a place to have a bit of fun, something needs to be done. Like many other people, I'm not sure that the mods are going about this in the best possible way, but at the same time I fully support them in what they seem to be attempting to achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapico
                    Banned for this thread or banned for other threads? I cannot see anything that explains why a ban has taken place. This thing isn't healthy. Perhaps the moderators are beyond questioning or under duress from elswhere, yes?
                    I've been posting here since the old forum was archived off and this one was started. Never even had so much as a warning. Perhaps the people getting banned should look at themselves first before throwing any blame elsewhere.
                    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Zapico

If it's the banned for this thread, I can then understand the British mentality. Same happened to Walter Wolfgang for commenting "rubbish" at Jack Straw at a New Labour party conference in 2005. Was he not arrested under anti terrorism laws too for his behavior?

Can it be that the thread title was designed to provoke debate but the moderators took the some other view as the "bait". Perhaps I will be banned too, yes? for questioning this.
                      Depends how right-wing your views are.

Comment

Working...
                      X