• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting Read iF You Belive in "Climate Change" and "Carbon Footprints"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zathras
    Is in fact a political body set up by the UN. It is not unheard of that the conclusions of the scientists to have been altered or 'sexed up' to support the climate change hypothosis.

The eath's climate changes, it always changes and we really should spend our energies on surviving such changes rather than standing King Canute like trying to stop it.
    I said almost exactly the same thing in a different thread on this topic.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
      The earth's climate changes, it always changes and we really should spend our energies on surviving such changes rather than standing King Canute like trying to stop it.
      Yes, exactly. Many people have said this repeatedly. But then you just get stuff like, "Man has always been able to adapt, and when the time comes we will adapt again." It's true that Man is famously resourceful, like when a couple of people get lost in the jungle or on a desert island. It's a bit different when you've got 60 million people, most of whom have absolutely no idea where food actually comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
        It's a bit different when you've got 60 million people, most of whom have absolutely no idea where food actually comes from.
        Absolutely true, but you'd kill them a lot faster if we all stopped using fossil fuels overnight. And if we did do that, it might well make no different to global warming.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
          Yes, exactly. Many people have said this repeatedly. But then you just get stuff like, "Man has always been able to adapt, and when the time comes we will adapt again." It's true that Man is famously resourceful, like when a couple of people get lost in the jungle or on a desert island. It's a bit different when you've got 60 million people, most of whom have absolutely no idea where food actually comes from.
          Yeah, just look what happens when it rains a bit!

Did any of you guys read about that guy pissing in the water bowsers?
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Anyway, I'm off to an evening trackday at Donington. That is, driving round in circles, using a whole tank full of petrol (and making lots of CO2) all to go round in circles and get back to where I started.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

What about abiotic oil? Is it a load of bunkum, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af
                UFOs, obvious when you think about it.

Comment

Working...
                X