• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decent Virtual Office - nr. Leicester?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent Virtual Office - nr. Leicester?

We'll I'm moving out of contracting into being more of a "real" business.

I'll stay contracting and driving for the mean time but I've won a contract to supply a few 7.5t lorries to a place (hey everyone starts somewhere).

Need a decent office address as lets face...

MyCo
    c/o Richards Bedroom
    His Parents House

.... just doesnt cut it anymore.

Not wanting to use my accountants address. Ideally looking for some good virtual offices nr. Leicester but also with the facility of meeting rooms.

Either there are not many or my Google-Fu is lacking becuase I can't find any.

Ideas? As this is a "regional" business a office address in brum or manchester isnt going to help

good luck with it all Socker

are you buying the 7.5 toners and operating them for a customer ?

Where will you keep them do you need operator's licenses and planning permission etc ?

Milan.

Comment

Probably get them on contract hire from a dealer as that takes care of servicing into the price.

Its a half and half. They have the wagons and can do as they wish. Its up to me to get them drivers and make sure they are legal.

Yep you need a licence. Had to take my CPC exams to be "professional competant" then the traffic commissioner gives you an authority to operate from a certain base (customers site) for a certain number of vehicles. Its like planning permisson. Notices go up and you can object etc. If its an industrial estate then who is really fussed!

The "main" service that I am offering to people is for guys who want to move from vans to 7.5t (as you can still drive them on car licence if you are 27+) but dont want the hassle of getting a CPC/O-Licence. Also making sure that drivers hours are adhered to etc.

Comment

very interesting,

if I understanding you are providing your customer with wagons and drivers.

The customer then decides how to use these resources

I have done IT for a large parcel carrier in UK and it was very interesting to see how much they depended on adhoc availability of vans and drivers for the end of the nightly sort at ~03:00 to dispatch these vans and drivers on routes where the trunkers were full but where there was not yet enough of a capacity pattern to justify an extra 44ft trunker

the people providing the vans and drivers on an adhoc basis did very well

will yours be day work or night work ?

All the best with it

Milan.

Comment

also, interestingly they exclusively used 7.5 toners and many of them for the scottish routes because the 44toners couldn't get up there in time because they are governed to a lower speed limit

very interesting operation

Milan.

Comment

Sock , I have a Bulgarian , cheap , friend who just arrived in the UK , let me know if you need a hand with truck drivers.

Comment

Sock,

while you're at it, why not register and operate the trucks out of BG or some other Central/Eastern European country too ? Much lower operating costs.

Which is why half the trucks on the road are BG, CZ, PL, UA, LT, LV etc

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                Sock,

while you're at it, why not register and operate the trucks out of BG or some other Central/Eastern European country too ? Much lower operating costs.

Milan.
                Because he is in the UK.

Comment

http://offices.regus.com/search/resu...OX-BUT&grp=HOM
                  Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    Sock,

Milan.

Cabotage rules forbid it

Your can bring a load in and take a load out but you cannot have a foriegn reg vehicle operating perm in the UK.

Well if your a UK person you can't do that as hector hits you in lost tax.

If you are foriegn then they do naff all about it.

Its the same as why if UK trucks go to europe we pay an average fo 8 euro a day in road tax. They pay zip to use our roads.

Then again its only fair.
                    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 26 July 2007, 11:57.

Comment

Working...
                    X