• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Martial Arts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's taking about streetfighter the game lol

I did Shotokan for a while, didn't like it, all traditional Karate seems to be too stiff and rigid.

Not saying quit, but if you want to learn to fight properly, take up Muay Thai!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith
      No idea what you're talking about!
      You do shotokan karate and are not aware that it is the same form as practiced by Ken and Ryu in Street Fighter 2, outrageous I tells ya!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_II

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter
        Up until about 2 years ago, incidently when I bought my first house and started contracting, martial arts was my life.

I'd been doing various martial arts for 7 years, I got to 1st Dan in Taekwondo, won two major national tournaments regulary competed in Taekwondo and Muay Thai Boxing and trained 4-5 times a week.

Last couple of years work and life has taken over, plus I go out drinking too often now

Dam I miss it!
        SASguru said your pint's a poof
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

He's taking about streetfighter the game lol

I did Shotokan for a while, didn't like it, all traditional Karate seems to be too stiff and rigid.

Not saying quit, but if you want to learn to fight properly, take up Muay Thai!
          Oh right.... thanks!!

I'm going to thailand on my hols in Sept and have booked a Thai boxing class - is that the same kind of thing?
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
            SASguru said your pint's a poof

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
              You do shotokan karate and are not aware that it is the same form as practiced by Ken and Ryu in Street Fighter 2, outrageous I tells ya!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_II
              I'm a girl!!!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Oh right.... thanks!!

I'm going to thailand on my hols in Sept and have booked a Thai boxing class - is that the same kind of thing?
                Yes it's exactly the same thing, them thai's a fukkin 'ARD

Comment

Up until about 2 years ago, incidently when I bought my first house and started contracting, martial arts was my life.

I'd been doing various martial arts for 7 years, I got to 1st Dan in Taekwondo, won two major national tournaments regulary competed in Taekwondo and Muay Thai Boxing and trained 4-5 times a week.

Last couple of years work and life has taken over, plus I go out drinking too often now

Dam I miss it!
                  That's a real shame, you should pull a comeback of Balboa like proportions and get back to the martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
                    That's a real shame, you should pull a comeback of Balboa like proportions and get back to the martial arts.
                    I should do, there's no better feeling than kicking someones arse (no dirty jokes please) round the ring.

Seriously I loved it, problem is finding the time and dedication to get into it again, I don't like doing things half harted if you know what I mean.

Comment

I'm a girl!!!
                      You should be proficcient in Foo Yung and Chop Suey, then.

Comment

Working...
                      X