• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Criminal Record and BSSP / SC Check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geegle
    It was self defence I was grabbed from behind and it was the two brothers word against mine actually - this is why I don't want to put it on because narrow minded people like yourself straight away assume the worst.

Anyways - I will put it on and let you know the outcome.

Thanks for the responses so far.
    I hope you gave them a good duffing up
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
      I hope you gave them a good duffing up
      Of course he did. He's an armchair hero!

Aren't all contractors trained to kill with a plastic fork?

You'd think so reading this forum!

Comment

It was self defence I was grabbed from behind and it was the two brothers word against mine actually - this is why I don't want to put it on because narrow minded people like yourself straight away assume the worst.

Anyways - I will put it on and let you know the outcome.

Thanks for the responses so far.
        Ooh, aggressive one aren't we? Haven't learnt much then. You don't get assault with intent for being attacked, besides I suppose someone just randomly grabbed you from behind for being kind and courteous to them? Yarbles.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          You can't not put it on... it's already on your record...
          I understand that being a war criminal doesn't stop someone getting SC to fly spaceships, so a little argy-bargy in a pub shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            Aren't all contractors trained to kill with a plastic fork?
            of course! one implement to kill them all one implement to eat them all.

Comment

lol at both your replies.

I really wish I had appealed against it at the time - but it would have meant more unpaid day from work and also having to explain why I was taking the time off.

Comment

lol at both your replies.

I really wish I had appealed against it at the time - but it would have meant more unpaid day from work and also having to explain why I was taking the time off.
                Oh come on. tulip happens. It's your integrity that is being tested here, not your ability to fight.

No one gives a feck what happened. They just want to know that you're trustworthy!

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane
                  Ooh, aggressive one aren't we? Haven't learnt much then. You don't get assault with intent for being attacked, besides I suppose someone just randomly grabbed you from behind for being kind and courteous to them? Yarbles.
                  Please don't be so self righteous.

There was two of them, one grabbed hold of me so I smacked him one and did a runner. This does not make me a criminal. How many people have a fight in a bar and don't get sentenced ? alot. I dont got out looking for bother and never have. I was just defending myself.

If the same happened to you what would you do ? Curl in a ball and get battered ? Probably not.

My god - first my mental arithmetic skills failing due to calculators, now my spelling and grammar - GOD DAMN YOU MICROSOFT.
                  Last edited by geegle; 20 July 2007, 10:01.

Comment

There was two of them, one grabbed hold of me so I smacked him one and did a runner. This does not make me a criminal. How many people have a fight in a bar and don't get sentenced ? alot. I dont got out looking for bother and never have. I was just defending myself.

If the same happened to you what would you do ? Curl in a ball and get battered ? Probably not.

My god - first my mental arithmetic skills failing due to calculators, now my spelling and grammar - GOD DAMN YOU MICROSOFT.
                    I hold SC clearance myself and I can tell you that this entirely unprovoked attack on your completely innocent self, which resulted in the injustice of a deranged judge serving you the sentence of assault with intent may well affect your chances. But I suppose you'll have to deal with that if it happens, however being a martyr I'm sure you can take a philosophical approach to the whole unfortunate affair.

Comment

In your eyes and probably most everyone else, it does not make you a criminal and from what you say you acted in self defence, however in the eyes of the law you must have been found guilty and therefore in this case it is what the law says and not what everyone feels that makes you a "criminal". Think Tony Martin - most people probably think that he gave the thieving scum what they deserved, the law thinks otherwise.

Be honest and include it on you paperwork - it may count in your favour - if a Ruskie spy comes in , they may think that you can protect the Govt's secrets by duffing him up! (sorry the flippance). However, include it, that type of offence should not prevent you from doing your job

Comment

Working...
                      X