• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climbing Kilimanjaro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    Willy,

with the greatest of respect old chap,

you don't half spout some crap

for a man of 31 !!!

Milan.

what u talking about MILAN?

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      snap, sub 7 minutes up the track....
      Yeh, well I did it in sub 6 mins.

And I was hopping.

Backwards.

So there.
      Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
        Yeh, well I did it in sub 6 mins.

And I was hopping.

Backwards.

So there.
        I did it in no time at all as I was driving.

I did wonder about the weirdos I saw there.

Comment

I once sponsored a bloke I used to work with. That's the closest I got.

Comment

You ARE having a laugh!

Originally posted by el duder
            i dont think its much of a challenge really, its just a long walk over a few days.

ive climbing in the alps and trekked on major expeditions before, im sure its for knob head wannabe assholes really.
            A mate of mine did it last year for Cancer Research, he's a very fit (in the athletic sense) guy, he either rock climbs, runs, swims, wake boards, or plays squash almost every evening.

He said the lower slopes are fine, but as the time goes on, the air thins, consequently not only does each step become considerably harder than the previous day, but also sleep is difficult, which exacerbates the problem. The final assault was an eight hour trek starting in the small hours, it was the hardest thing he's ever done, he made it, by his own admission; "only just".

Now the idiot has his sights set on Fuji !!

Never be complacent with nature, it'll kick your ass like you can't imagine.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
              A mate of mine did it last year for Cancer Research, he's a very fit (in the athletic sense) guy, he either rock climbs, runs, swims, wake boards, or plays squash almost every evening.

He said the lower slopes are fine, but as the time goes on, the air thins, consequently not only does each step become considerably harder than the previous day, but also sleep is difficult, which exacerbates the problem. The final assault was an eight hour trek starting in the small hours, it was the hardest thing he's ever done, he made it, by his own admission; "only just".

Now the idiot has his sights set on Fuji !!

Never be complacent with nature, it'll kick your ass like you can't imagine.
              I climbed Mt Kenya which is about 500m lower than Mt Killimanjaro. The walk would be easy if it wasn't for the altitude. You're supposed to go up slowly over 4 or 5 days to play it safe, getting about 1000m higher each day. I told the guide that's what I wanted. What we ended up doing was walking around between the base camps over three days because he had another client he wanted to pick up at another camp. Then we walked straight up in less than two days!

I was throwing up, couldn't sleep, and was barely conscious at the summit. I can barely remember what it looked like. As soon as we descended a bit I was fine.

Comment

Working...
              X