• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Sector

What the coo with 'Public Sector' contracts? are they sought after? if so why?

Billy

If you enjoy working at 5% of your usual potential whilst receiving a generous rate, they can be quite rewarding.

Beware the zombie-esque fugue you'll be left with on leaving though, you may need a brain transplant to be sharp enough for a 'proper' future job.

Comment

The rates are good, the work is easy and they tend to go on and on but you will become lazy and leave unskilled and unprepared for the real world... I'm scared!
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Red 7
        If you enjoy working at 5% of your usual potential whilst receiving a generous rate, they can be quite rewarding.
        Beware the zombie-esque fugue you'll be left with on leaving though, you may need a brain transplant to be sharp enough for a 'proper' future job.

You have soooo hit the nail on the forehead!!

hahah, this sums up Public Sector working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Red 7

Wow... I hadn’t read what you posted before poting mine, honest!
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
            I'm scared!
            Me too mate. I might just have to take a month in the Seychelles to get over this one.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
              The rates are good, the work is easy and they tend to go on and on but you will become lazy and leave unskilled and unprepared for the real world... I'm scared!

do u beleive this is true. i must admit it has crossed my mind a few times, that i am working myself into a dead end position unable to get other contracts.

but i truly beleive, that a 2/3 week holiday would put my zombie like presence firmly to bed and out would come the old El Duder ready for work.

Comment

<ahem> where does one find public sector contracts?

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                  <ahem> where does one find public sector contracts?

two words.

EASY MONEY.

more words...

start work at 10:00

1 hour for lunch

leave the office at 17:00

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                    but i truly beleive, that a 2/3 week holiday would put my zombie like presence firmly to bed and out would come the old El Duder ready for work.
                    That's the plan, but there's a good chance that you'll return as El Zombie - but with a tan.

Comment

Working...
                    X