• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I Renew?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it can help if you have a long contract at a particular firm on your CV. It indicates the company found you helpful and didn't want to ditch you at the first opportunity. Many '3 months+' gigs use the initial 3 months as a trial period. However the converse is not true, a short stint doesn't mean you weren't any good, it just means it was a short stint.

Comment

Thanks everyone, you've all been really helpful

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        There must be something in the air...
        Did I hear a thunderclap?...

Comment

Originally posted by axonrg
          We have failed....
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

has this ever happened before?

Comment

Hi All,

First time poster, so please be gentle

I'm in the middle of a 3 month contract which I'm NOT keen to renew (if offered). The problem is that I'm not sure how a mere 3 month stint at one company would look on my CV? My previous contracts have lasted 6-18 months.

Would a mere 3 month stint look bad and should I look to renew for at least another 3 months, or do employers care less about this for contractors? What are people's experiences?

This is further complicated by the fact that I've just taken a year long career break to go travelling.
              mate, i came back from a year off, and worked a few short term contracts.

4 monther, 3 monther, it really doesnt matter.

Im currently on a 12 monther, all that really matters is the big names and big projects and big cash.

Comment

Hi All,

First time poster, so please be gentle

I'm in the middle of a 3 month contract which I'm NOT keen to renew (if offered). The problem is that I'm not sure how a mere 3 month stint at one company would look on my CV? My previous contracts have lasted 6-18 months.

Would a mere 3 month stint look bad and should I look to renew for at least another 3 months, or do employers care less about this for contractors? What are people's experiences?

This is further complicated by the fact that I've just taken a year long career break to go travelling.
                Do we care?
                NEXT.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                  mate, i came back from a year off, and worked a few short term contracts.

4 monther, 3 monther, it really doesnt matter.

Im currently on a 12 monther, all that really matters is the big names and big projects and big cash.
                  no. just the cash. Next.

Comment

Working...
                  X