• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE only at Deutsche Bank??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accounting4contractors
    Hi, I've been verbally offered a contract at Deutsche Bank in London, and have heard that they insist on their contractors going PAYE as opposed to using a limited company.

Can anyone who works there or has worked there confirm if this is the case or not??

Thanks for your help
    I have done several gigs for DB, you can definately work through LTD,
    make sure your contract is outside IR35 though.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
      I believe max contract length is 9 months at DB?
      If you get onto a specific project which has a set delivery then you can
      probably be there forever, the 9months or in some IB's 46weeks limit is
      for general contractors who are providing support/development and not
      part of clear cut project.

Also if you develop any software / process which is very complicated and
      no one else can understand then you can probably be there forever as well.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by accounting4contractors
        Hi, I've been verbally offered a contract at Deutsche Bank in London, and have heard that they insist on their contractors going PAYE as opposed to using a limited company.

Can anyone who works there or has worked there confirm if this is the case or not??

Thanks for your help
        Tell them to feck off. Next.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark
          If you get onto a specific project which has a set delivery then you can
          probably be there forever, the 9months or in some IB's 46weeks limit is
          for general contractors who are providing support/development and not
          part of clear cut project.

Also if you develop any software / process which is very complicated and
          no one else can understand then you can probably be there forever as well.

HTH
          Interesting. I am a JP Morgan where you can be here 3 years only - then you must take 6 months and 1 day off. There an exemptions - currently 4 out of a department of 500(about 100 contractors).

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
            Interesting. I am a JP Morgan where you can be here 3 years only - then you must take 6 months and 1 day off. There an exemptions - currently 4 out of a department of 500(about 100 contractors).
            wouldn't want to be one place longer than 3 years anyway...
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
            X