• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE only at Deutsche Bank??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barely_pointless
    If He's still there it may not be as much fun as one might anticipate ?
    I didn't bump into him when I was there.

Comment

I attended the WRONG 3 hour "Induction" presentation at UBS , whereby some yarpy chick from HR started banging on how "contactors" were suss, "contractors" needed watching, "contractors" never return their login details when they leave ..... etc etc

Talk about Donald Sutherland in "Invasion of the body snatchers"

Comment

whereby some yarpy chick
        A new word for my lexicon!
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I attended the WRONG 3 hour "Induction" presentation at UBS , whereby some yarpy chick from HR started banging on how "contactors" were suss, "contractors" needed watching, "contractors" never return their login details when they leave ..... etc etc

Talk about Donald Sutherland in "Invasion of the body snatchers"
          what does yarpy mean?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
            what does yarpy mean?
            I'm picturing:
            • Female
            • Private edjucated (sic)
            • Promoted above ability
            • Flirty with the boss to protect position
            • Lots of noise but little substance
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

... "contractors" never return their login details when they leave ...
              Can someone explain this one? I'm not having a go at barely_pointless, I'm confused about what HR expect to happen?
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

"accounting4contractors" - that seems an unusual username for a contractror

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                  SUSE Linux Microsoft and Novell.
                  Breach of Contract!
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by accounting4contractors
                    Hi, I've been verbally offered a contract at Deutsche Bank in London, and have heard that they insist on their contractors going PAYE as opposed to using a limited company.

Can anyone who works there or has worked there confirm if this is the case or not??

Thanks for your help

In my experience, this is the case. Many IB seem to be very wary of employing temp contractors through there own LTD's.

I had an interview with BC who were basically saying that the temp position they had for 6 months at £300 p/day was a junior position that they wanted to fill permanetly. When i informed them that i was working through my own LTD, and would see the position as a contract assignment, they basically said they were not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
                      what does yarpy mean?

Yarpy = South African Bunny Boiler , Female of Yarpie which is collective noun for RSA'ers ,similar in use to "Pommie" by Aussies.

# Female .................................................. ..... yup
                      # Private edjucated (sic) ................................. not typically
                      # Promoted above ability ................................ definitely
                      # Flirty with the boss to protect position ......... not usually
                      # Lots of noise but little substance ................ absolutely

Buffoon,

The quotes are from memory , nor are they intended to be perfect, they are used to illustrate the "anti" contractor mentality of this particular not so bright HR spark.
                      Last edited by barely_pointless; 16 July 2007, 11:20.

Comment

Working...
                      X