• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Onshore call centres

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onshore call centres

Following my current Kafkesque débacle with BT Broadband and their Indian call centres, I am looking at the alleged support for all my services.

I started by typing "'Onshore call centres" into Google. At the top was a "sponsored link" from Accenture, called "Offshore call center" (sic). Well, that told me what I already knew about the relevance of Accenture solutions.

But what about my problem? Does anyone perchance know a site where I can find out who has call centres in the UK; who has them in other similar countries; and who sends you off for 3-hour merry-go-rounds in India?
    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Sorry, don't know of any such websites.

What happened with your broadband anyway?
    (Perhaps you could update your original thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/threadnav18931-3-10.html)

Clippy in "keep the thread on topic" mode.

Comment

Don't know if it is still the case but think Pipex call centre is still in the UK (not had to call them in over a year), but when i did call them before always got various regional english accents

Downside is support is not 24/7

Comment

The MoD has centralised their call centre to Newcastle... I think they missed an opportunity there, Indians would have been easier to understand.

IDNET is uk based and has the best customer service I have ever found bar CaterAllen.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
          Sorry, don't know of any such websites.

What happened with your broadband anyway?
          (Perhaps you could update your original thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/threadnav18931-3-10.html)

Clippy in "keep the thread on topic" mode.
          I have. Sorry but I can't face writing down all the details, I felt myself losing the will to live as I tried.

BT, the Dementors.
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

All UK based companies will have UK 2nd or 3rd line call centres.

The problem is getting past the 1st line Indian calls centres. There appears to be a major reluctance to hand you on hence the mind blowing frustration caused when you know a quick talk to third line would solve your problem.
            Last edited by OrangeHopper; 11 July 2007, 12:35.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
              All UK based companies will have UK 2nd or 3rd line call centres.

The problem is getting past the 1st line Indian calls centres.

Start really worrying when the 3rd line call centre is elsewhere which is the case with some of Pipex's services.
              Not true, IDNET are all UK based and there doesn’t seem to be a distinction between 1st, 2nd or even 3rd as the staff all seem quite knowledgeable.

Tiscali on the other hand
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Sorry, I took that bit out about Pipex, however, some of Pipex's hosting services are hosted in Germany and UK 1st are not, absolutely not, allowed to pass the customer on to Germany.

I spent many an hour talking to Pipex 1st line, knowning exactly what needed doing, before I finally told them to shove it and went elsewhere.
                Last edited by OrangeHopper; 11 July 2007, 14:49.

Comment

If you have time to search, there is apparently a website with all the uk numbers for companies who have off and onshore call centres. I will look for this one day, right now I'm regretting my decision to return to the land of the hairy backed cousin-f*ckers.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                    The MoD has centralised their call centre to Newcastle... I think they missed an opportunity there, Indians would have been easier to understand.
                    Thats just the first point of contact... no comment on the 2nd lines...
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                    X