• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Future Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
    Why don't we just leave them behind and us Men go like the three muskateers but not in a gay way
    Reminds me of a song, to quote Mr Nick Cave :

We are artists
    We are mathematicians
    Some of us hold extremely
    High positions

But we are tired
    We're hardly breathing
    And we're free
    Go tell the women that we’re leaving

We're sick and tired
    Of all this self-serving grieving
    All we wanted was a little consensual rape in the morning
    And maybe a bit more in the evening

We are scientists
    We do genetics
    We leave religion
    To the psychos and fanatics

But we are tired
    We got nothing to believe in
    We are lost

We've done our thing
    We’re hip to the sound
    of six billion people
    Going down

We are magicians
    We are deceiving
    We’re free and we’re lost

Comment

RIP Britain and the British way of life

I think most British people have given up on Britain, too late it’s gone I’m afraid. Our way of life has changed in the major cities, never to return. This Gov will never listen to any concerns thinking themselves better than the common men/women, instead providing a theoretical design for our subsequently hapless lives. It is quite hopeless; I cannot believe that last time around the public did not get rid of these nincompoops. Indeed the areas where there are so many problems were the worst offenders in voting for more of the same rubbish. RIP Britain.

I will stay in my country retreat until in no doubt a handful of years I will have to search for a new haven further away from all the madness. I doubt the escape will involve other countries.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent

Any more?
        Children of Men
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by English History X
          I think most British people have given up on Britain, too late it’s gone I’m afraid. Our way of life has changed in the major cities, never to return. This Gov will never listen to any concerns thinking themselves better than the common men/women, instead providing a theoretical design for our subsequently hapless lives. It is quite hopeless; I cannot believe that last time around the public did not get rid of these nincompoops. Indeed the areas where there are so many problems were the worst offenders in voting for more of the same rubbish. RIP Britain.

I will stay in my country retreat until in no doubt a handful of years I will have to search for a new haven further away from all the madness. I doubt the escape will involve other countries.
          Just move to mid-Wales.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

i'm in same position i would leave tomorrow i could but other half would miss family e.t.c..

Why don't we just leave them behind and us Men go like the three muskateers but not in a gay way
            Lets go like these fellows instead. Better hats.

Comment

Originally posted by Red 7
              Reminds me of a song, to quote Mr Nick Cave :
              <snip>
              Please - what is the name of that song? I need this...

Comment

The few weeks / months / years has un-settled me for where i think Britain is going to be in the next few years / decades.

The amount of tax we pay on everything and the amount of crap that goes on is making me and Miss Cooperinliverp00l to really consider leaving it all behind and move to Australia / America.

Can house prices continue to raise, Tax continue to raise, introduction of road pricing, crap NHS and Transport,

Is the grass likely to be greener in another country ? What would you do

you think ur gonna get better treatment in the states?

2 weeks holiday per year, pay ur own health bills, dentist bills, u need a lot of money to move out there, and i certainly would rely on the Aus or US income as a good living.

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
                  i aim to be in South Africa in 20 years .... retired and fat!
                  Don't worry, you'll soon lose weight - by then SA will be another Zimbabwe!

That's not somewhere I'd ever contemplate!

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba
                    Please - what is the name of that song? I need this...
                    It's 'Tell the women we're leaving' from the album 'Grinderman'

(note: in record shops it's usually racked under 'Grinderman' rather than Nick Cave/Bad Seeds.)

Definately the best album of the year so far, but also check out 'No more shall we part' by the same artist.
                    Last edited by Red 7; 6 July 2007, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut
                      In exactly the same position. Annoying, isn't it?
                      Too bloody right, she seems to think that she will never see her parents again, despite the fact that you can get cheap flights to Canada nowadays and communication is a world away from what it used to be.

Even a couple of years stint out there would be nice. Now and then I have a look at mls.ca just to toruture myself with the houses you can get for the money.
                      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                      X