• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it worth getting married?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
    I have been with Miss CooperinLiverp00l for 4.5 years and we get married 2 weeks this saturday.

She is my best friend, We talk to each other, have a laugh with each other, get pissed with each other and i couldn't think of a better person who i would want to spend the rest of my life with.

I have been contracting for about 4 years and have never had a contract where i have been home ever night of the week. Normally have to stay away a few days in the week and it hasn't had any effect on our relationship.

Cause for the 2 days your 'away' from home, shes got some builder / window cleaner over giving her what shes missing out on.

A proper good roasting.

Comment

what happens when the woman is australian with assets over there.

And the man has assets here worth less than hers.

In the event of a divorce can the jurisdiction where the divorce is filed affect assets held in another jurisdiction?

or could I just sell my assets to my dad for ten bob and then give me it back when the coast is clear?

Comment

I have been with Miss CooperinLiverp00l for 4.5 years and we get married 2 weeks this saturday.

She is my best friend, We talk to each other, have a laugh with each other, get pissed with each other and i couldn't think of a better person who i would want to spend the rest of my life with.

I have been contracting for about 4 years and have never had a contract where i have been home ever night of the week. Normally have to stay away a few days in the week and it hasn't had any effect on our relationship.
        You are Mr Spondooli and I claim my £5. Your missus has a different view on things.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut
          Some happy customers then. Good luck in 2 weeks too, CooperinLiverp00l.

It's quite nice when you actually realise you don't have any more bl00dy wedding plans to think about and you're (hopefully) about to go on a brilliant holiday which you haven't had time to think about.
          Thanks

Go to Phucket for Honeymoon for 14 nights. Can't wait as we are in the process of selling and buying house meaning we need the money this is our only holiday this year. Sea, Sun, Sand and the other usual Honey moon things you get up to.
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

... and the other usual Honey moon things you get up to.
            Divorce ???

Comment

I don't think you can generalise. It depends entirely on your own relationship but it can't be good long term especially once you have kids.

Comment

Im in a very similar situation but we were together for 15 years before we got married, I wouldn't have it any other way.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

For what it's worth, I reckon you should only ever get married if you can imagine the very worst day of your life and yet being together. Imagine screaming babies keeping you both up the day before an important meeting/interview. Imagine having to rely on that person when a parent or loved one dies. Imagine being 80 years old and being with that person - with the habits they have now but amplified 100x, illnesses etc. If you can still picture it, then great.

Comment

Working...
                  X