• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drivers manners these days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Americans drive slower and less agressively though

I agree, that was kind of my point but I guess I made it badly....

Comment

Not indicating is the most annoying habit these days. 10-15 years ago it was probably 10% of drivers that didn't (usualy bmw or merc). Now it's 50% plus.

So you give way to cars at roundabouts that aren't actually going straight on (how much congestion does this cause!).

As a pedestrian or cyclist, you almost get run over by cars turning with no indication.

Cars just pull out infront of you on the motorway

Is it mirror, manoeuvre, these days on the test?

While I'm ranting, do they not teach you what lane to be in on roundabouts?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

"Is it mirror, manoeuvre, these days on the test?"

No it's manoeuvre, mirror, gesture
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My pet hate is when you've got two or three lanes in parallel going round quite a sharp corner (e.g. on the entry to a big roundabout after traffic lights) and idiots in big cars cut the corner and don't stay in lane, therefore cutting up the poor sap in the adjacent lane.

Happened to me yesterday - drives me absolutely NUTS

Comment

What ticks me off is ppl who are determined to get into the outside lane because they believe it will be faster when they get there. Invariably when its busy the opposite is true. And so they swap lanes like a spanner until they realise they can only go as fast as the car in front. THE MIDDLE AND OUTSIDE LANES ARE FOR OVERTAKING!!! ONLY!!! RAAAARRRRRRGH!!

AND when stopping distances are not observed it annoys me. Not only is it dangerous and the cause of pile-ups but also has the knock on effect of causing the whole queue to go more slowly as the traffic goes brake/gas/brake/gas rather than driving smoothly (and therefore more efficiently). I generally drive behind a truck with a nice stopping distance in front of me, driving smoothly, getting from A to B with minimum stress and maximum fuel efficiency

I often find myself mulling over the finer points of queueing theory and fluid dynamics when driving.

Comment

Women that think it is ok to go round the roundabout in the outside lane....

BMW's that think they should drive right up yer ars*

People that do 40 in a 60mph zone

People that do 20 in a 40mph zone

People that cannot wait in a queue but try to get to the front and then cut in...

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
                Women that think it is ok to go round the roundabout in the outside lane....
                pet hate
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Huge congestion charge levied across the whole of the UK at £10 per mile will sort it all out.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by basshead
                    I often find myself mulling over the finer points of queueing theory and fluid dynamics when driving.
                    Me too. Sad or what...
                    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by basshead
                      ...THE MIDDLE AND OUTSIDE LANES ARE FOR OVERTAKING!!! ONLY!!!
                      AND when stopping distances are not observed it annoys me. ....
                      Not at all.
                      1. Middle and if necessary outside lanes are for those who go faster, or want to if they're not held up.
                      2. You can drive as close as you like to the car in front, because if he sees something to make him brake, so will you. If he brakes when you can see it's not really necessary, and you hit him, that's his fault.
                      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                      X