• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices rise in June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chugnut
    Presumably if you want to avoid apples and pears, you buy a bungalow.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
      Or you could leverage your 10K to do some spread betting - IMHO a much easier way to invest in the indices.
      Or put your £10K on a 3 legged blind horse at odds of 1000/1 and reap a cool £10,000,000 profit.

Easier than spreadbetting and you will lose no more than your original sum.

Spread betting, for those will unlimited money to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
        Or put your £10K on a 3 legged blind horse at odds of 1000/1 and reap a cool £10,000,000 profit.

writing options another great way to lose money.

Comment

Or you could leverage your 10K to do some spread betting - IMHO a much easier way to invest in the indices.
          Yep, I think finspreads require margin as low as 1.5% on the ftse.

So I can buy a cool million's worth of ftse tracker for just 15k deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            Have you got 4 kids?!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
            well two are mine, two are my GF, my ex also had two kids (my step kids)
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Don't be such a scaredey cat...

There is no difference between buying a FTSE 100 linked fund or placing an up bet on the FTSE 100 with cantor or whoever.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Don't be such a scaredey cat...

There is no difference between buying a FTSE 100 linked fund or placing an up bet on the FTSE 100 with cantor or whoever.
                Yes there is. Spreadbetting is leveraged. You can lose a LOT more than your initial bet.

Look it up.

Comment

Yes there is. Spreadbetting is leveraged. You can lose a LOT more than your initial bet.

Look it up.
                  But you CAN choose the size of your initial bet, to make it the equivelant of holding the same phsyical underlying position. And all gains are tax free.

Its obviously not for the financially dense, but for the go getting contractor its a must!

Comment

You think the value of a fund/unit trust can't approach zero?

That is what a stop loss is for - pick an amount you're willing to lose and set your stops accordingly.

Look it up.
                    I don't need to look it up, I already know it.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by pickle
                      And all gains are tax free.
                      Probably the best thing about it...

Comment

Working...
                      X