• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Better Suction than a Dyson?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo
    Children, anyone got any ideas on this one? God, I am sounding like the Bogeyman now

I am quite interested because I have blown up the motor on my Dyson tonight so am thinking about a replacement.

Mrs Gonzo has always told me she can't do the hoovering because the old one was yellow. If it had been purple then she would have done it.

Obviously the replacement is going to be purple but if anyone has any suggestions for brands other than dyson then I would be interested.

Or do you just leave it to your other halves (if you have one) and don't give a sh1t?

The slim Dyson (I forget the model number) is not yellow, and it's really light and manoeuvrable. I'd consider it if I was in the market for one.

Comment

Dysons. Love 'em or loathe 'em. I'm in the second camp. They are absolultely crap squared if you have hard floors.

Miele Cat+Dog are bloody good.

Comment

Got a Vorwerk myself. Had it for nigh on 16 years. Bullet proof and cost the moon originally. Kind of hoping it will die because it looks like it's been dredged out of a reservoir but it's still going strong.

Comment

Try a Bissell, really good and funky, you can unclip the vacuming bit and carry it around, ideal for Stairs, small spaces.

Only negative bit is they are a couple of Kilos heaver that most, doesn't sound much but it is noticeable.
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Morclean
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba
              Got a Vorwerk myself. Had it for nigh on 16 years. Bullet proof and cost the moon originally. Kind of hoping it will die because it looks like it's been dredged out of a reservoir but it's still going strong.

Got a wife myself.

Well you don't buy a dog and bark yourself do you?
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Try painting it purple...
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Miele Cat+Dog

Miele Cat+Dog - I agree.
                  Light, very powerful, durable and well built.
                  We have had ours for about 7 years and it just works. It's also falled down the stairs twice and nothing has broken off it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                    Try a Bissell, really good and funky, you can unclip the vacuming bit and carry it around, ideal for Stairs, small spaces.

Only negative bit is they are a couple of Kilos heaver that most, doesn't sound much but it is noticeable.
                    Attachments
                    Last edited by Paddy; 5 July 2007, 06:50.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X