• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Better Suction than a Dyson?"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    Try a Bissell, really good and funky, you can unclip the vacuming bit and carry it around, ideal for Stairs, small spaces.

Only negative bit is they are a couple of Kilos heaver that most, doesn't sound much but it is noticeable.
    Attachments
    Last edited by Paddy; 5 July 2007, 06:50.

Leave a comment:

• s2budd
    replied
    Miele Cat+Dog

Miele Cat+Dog - I agree.
    Light, very powerful, durable and well built.
    We have had ours for about 7 years and it just works. It's also falled down the stairs twice and nothing has broken off it.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Try painting it purple...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba
    Got a Vorwerk myself. Had it for nigh on 16 years. Bullet proof and cost the moon originally. Kind of hoping it will die because it looks like it's been dredged out of a reservoir but it's still going strong.

Got a wife myself.

Well you don't buy a dog and bark yourself do you?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Morclean

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Try a Bissell, really good and funky, you can unclip the vacuming bit and carry it around, ideal for Stairs, small spaces.

Only negative bit is they are a couple of Kilos heaver that most, doesn't sound much but it is noticeable.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Got a Vorwerk myself. Had it for nigh on 16 years. Bullet proof and cost the moon originally. Kind of hoping it will die because it looks like it's been dredged out of a reservoir but it's still going strong.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Dysons. Love 'em or loathe 'em. I'm in the second camp. They are absolultely crap squared if you have hard floors.

Miele Cat+Dog are bloody good.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo
    Children, anyone got any ideas on this one? God, I am sounding like the Bogeyman now

I am quite interested because I have blown up the motor on my Dyson tonight so am thinking about a replacement.

Mrs Gonzo has always told me she can't do the hoovering because the old one was yellow. If it had been purple then she would have done it.

Obviously the replacement is going to be purple but if anyone has any suggestions for brands other than dyson then I would be interested.

Or do you just leave it to your other halves (if you have one) and don't give a sh1t?

The slim Dyson (I forget the model number) is not yellow, and it's really light and manoeuvrable. I'd consider it if I was in the market for one.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes
    Best cleaner, but not the most practical is a Henry. I have one of these for decorating jobs. Is never failed yet and is a good 20 years old.
    You are a Polish office cleaner and I claim my 5 zlotys.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    So here we are discussing the pros & cons of vacuum cleaners...

That's our street cred gone in a flash...
    This is housewife's thread

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    So here we are discussing the pros & cons of vacuum cleaners...

That's our street cred gone in a flash...
    Those of you with female partners... who makes the purchasing decision regarding vacumns?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    I've found Henry to be very good.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    I bought a Vax too. 12 months old. Binned it. The drive belt for the rollers is not up to the job (design fault in my book). Had to replace it 8 times in one year. Sick of the thing not working.
    snap had the same problem a few years ago

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes
    Best cleaner, but not the most practical is a Henry. I have one of these for decorating jobs. Is never failed yet and is a good 20 years old.
    I used to use the houusehold cleaner for DIY - destroyed 1 x Vax, 2x Dysons (I think it's the plaster dust that kills 'em) - eventually got a Makita jobbie with a PTO that switches cleaner on when you power up the plugged in tool - works really well

Leave a comment:

Working...
X