• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Predictions for changes once Brown has settled in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    The thing is Hyper.. there is a vacuum waiting to be filled. He and his advisors are so detached from reality they think mimicing New Labour is the answer. If they actually listened to real people they would know there is a hunger for something different. Cameron has an ease about him that Gordo can only dream of if only he had some weapons. He has the capability to destroy brown, he just can't see it. So he comes across as a nice bloke with nothing new to say, until that changes it will be more of the same ad infinitum
    Cameron is wise to play his cards so close to his chest. Because all of the main parties are busy stepping on each others' feet trying to hold the "middle ground" there is little room for maneouvre. More importantly Cameron has realised that NL only came to power by lurching to the right and adopting too many policies that would previously have been the preserve of the Tories. If Cameron gives away too much detail of what he has in mind too soon before another election then NL will simply purloin it and repackage it as their own. He will do well to let them meander downhill in the ratings then announce to the electorate in the run-up to the next election what his vision really is, hopefully when it is too late for NL to steal his ideas and pass them off as their own as they have done for the last few years.
    Remember you heard it here first

SB in "cutting to the chase" mode
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
      The thing is Hyper.. there is a vacuum waiting to be filled. He and his advisors are so detached from reality they think mimicing New Labour is the answer. If they actually listened to real people they would know there is a hunger for something different. Cameron has an ease about him that Gordo can only dream of if only he had some weapons. He has the capability to destroy brown, he just can't see it. So he comes across as a nice bloke with nothing new to say, until that changes it will be more of the same ad infinitum
      Brown is not to be underestimated - I think he will outflank cameron on most issues and will have no qualms about painting Cameron as being a wooly centrist on 'tough' topics.

Cameron also has his mob barely under control and a lot of their activists are way, way out of line with him.

I'm no tory but I remember Major saying the tories had stretched the elastic of democracy as far as it would go - I always liked that analogy. On the basis of the war and bigging up the state I think NL have already reached that point. If Brown sees off Cameron then what hope of any decent parlimentary opposition for the next decade

Comment

topical bump
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Tulip me Spacecadet "tuliping in a tube carriage man"...good spot...

What we realised a year ago still stands...

As I said, the only "virtual" power that mcBroon ever had was the perception of the economy doing well. It's not, and as Jebus said : "and it shall come to pass"...

“It is easier for a biryani to pass through the eye of a rectum than for a poor man to realise the benefits of the tax credit system (Luke 18:25)”
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
          X