• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Predictions for changes once Brown has settled in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    "Don't be so sure, Labour are ahead in the polls:"

Every new leader gets a bump in their poll rating. Hopefully this dour fecker will get a fecking big bump where it hurts. Did anybody see question time last night. That Pires Morgan bloke needs a swift kick in the nuts also.
    Yeah, I saw QT last night. To be honest I get a bit fed up with it to be honest with the bias towards Tory bashing. Dimbers is quite happy to stir up Tory bashing but then tones it down and moves on whenever anything gets to heated on liebour.

Also, Piers Moron was his usual tabloid sensationalist self: berating Howard constantly and singing brown's praises. To be honest, Howard was pretty ineffectual and looked like he was setup to be the fall guy.

Yvette Cooper was just another patronising bint from liebour - I just hate the way these types look to the audience, adopt this whining, patronising "oh you poor thick audience, let me gently explain in simple terms" nasal tone and then outpour this cacaphony of soundbites and then attempt to look smug after they've lied.

The backtracking she did when challenged on the obvious "let the developers build on the flood plain as long as we keep the money flowing" duplicity after her fake concern on environmental planning issues in her vacuous little ditty before just summed up their behaviour as "we say and do anything just to stay in power".

Moron seemed content to just be obnoxious to anything that Howard said reflecting the popular pastime of being nasty to the old Tories.

Interestingly in the cabinet we have:-

An agriculture minister who is a vegetarian.
    Two brothers.
    A man and his wife.
    A leader of the House who is Chairman of the Labour Party.
    48% less women than under bliar.
    Educational backgrounds mainly politics and economics.
    No real world business experience.
    Bulk of them sacked or resigned under Blair.
    Digby Jones was a lawyer with no business experience.
    A postman in charge of the NHS-the NHS will be in its element with the postmen on strike!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

So what will be everyone's plan B?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On
        So what will be everyone's plan B?
        Government minister by the look of things.

Comment

The problem is when the soundbite accusation of Cameron not standing for anything is used.. Howard et al are snookered because they can't say, well actually he would do this or that. The best they can say is he stands for community spirit, self reliance, and green issues, or some such meaningless bollocks. The issues which would attract voters are largely disguarded in a misguided attempt to be more holier (or PC) than thou or mimic the policies of the other parties.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
            The problem is when the soundbite accusation of Cameron not standing for anything is used.. Howard et al are snookered because they can't say, well actually he would do this or that. The best they can say is he stands for community spirit, self reliance, and green issues, or some such meaningless bollocks. The issues which would attract voters are largely disguarded in a misguided attempt to be more holier (or PC) than thou or mimic the policies of the other parties.
            Hmmmm, I am worried about the conservatives. They have positioned themselves as “heirs to bliar” in the assumption that people are happy with the middle ground. Yet brown has just announced a speech where he will defend the “British way of life”. I think the tories have been neatly sidestepped by the liebour spin doctors and pr machine to be a carbon copy bliar, whereas brown is being painted as the antidote to the mood of the British people: immigration, for instance.

It’s quite a clever trick: link discussions of immigration to racism and then prevent the tories from using this in their election campaign. Then when the mood of the public flips over to a critical mass of disapproval, then ditch bliar and create a new idol brown who is sympathetic with the public and will start to address these matters. The tories have been stymied and if they start talking about stricter immigration controls, they will be branded as hypocrites and “flop flop” merchants again.

liebour's pr machine is formidable and is in full control of the media. Imagine a bliar leading the party without the millstone of Iraq around his neck – he would be sailing away in the polls. My only hope is that the economy nose dives and the house prices start to decline then Cameron might have a chance. In other words: when people start to hurt, they look for someone to blame. People are still frankly quite comfortable.

A party that doesn’t have big business and Murdoch in its pocket is a party that simply will not win the next general election. Bliar’s Iraq was enough to lose votes close enough for the Tories to be in chance of a win for a future GE, but that has gone and brown is undergoing a huge media image transformation (including voice coaching).

Interesting times…hopefully now the lines can be drawn in the sand and Cameron can start creating policies without brown copying them.

Comment

I've started a discussion on the labour message board about contracting, tax, IR35 and billionaires paying less than their cleaners. Feel free to chip in:

http://www.labour.org.uk/current_theme
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Think not what your government can do for you, but what you can do for yourself, without being taxed or imprisoned.

That's my motto.

Talking about politics in the UK is pretty pointless.

Comment

The thing is Hyper.. there is a vacuum waiting to be filled. He and his advisors are so detached from reality they think mimicing New Labour is the answer. If they actually listened to real people they would know there is a hunger for something different. Cameron has an ease about him that Gordo can only dream of if only he had some weapons. He has the capability to destroy brown, he just can't see it. So he comes across as a nice bloke with nothing new to say, until that changes it will be more of the same ad infinitum
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

My something different would be somebody who showed a bit of passion. Somebody who would actually lose it from time to time and spoke the truth. He would never get voted in, but at least it would be somebody you could relate to.

Somebody who would start a point on Question Time with "I'll tell you about your bloody Labour Party shall I....................."

But then that would give gay boy another chunk of time at number 10 to nick more of my moeny
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Yes, agree with that. One can only hope someone in Team Cameron can see this and get out there before brown tries to grab that idea for his own.

Comment

Working...
                      X