• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

does anyone have any MBA aspirations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow 770 is top quality.

Why do i want to do one?

a number of reasons.

- Firstly, I was always an acedemic...until about the 3rd year of my degree when i sorta got off track with a lively social life. so i want to redeem that. I think i have lost my competitive edge and surrounding myself with competitive people, will get that back. Being a contractor, while you work, you aren't competing with your peers in terms of climbing some sort of a corporate ladder

- Secondly, my first permie role flew me to USA, Australia, NZ, UK several times. I didn't enjoy the industry and the technologies i was dealing with,, so i quit. Since then i have gotten the travelbug. I believe a "Proper MBA" like someone mentioned earlier will get me into a job that could fly me places on a regular basis. As a contractor in my current role, they have only flew me from London to Newcastle a couple of times. And once a 36 hour stint in India. I miss the travelling.

- Thirdly, Eventually I want to get out of the pure IT market. I still want to be involved in tech industry generally, but want to be in a position where I can make decisions where big money is involved. I believe a business degree of somesort will clue me up a bit. I lack indepth knowlege of how big business works.

- Fourthly, ego. (I hate to admit it, but i think a degree from a good university will boost it. Yes being a contractor, my ego regarding pay is already good. but i want to ego^2 it ).

Comment

Working...
    X