• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor lifecycle....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked
    Thanks for taking time out from your bif with troll, Not much there at the moment, is there a better time of the year to look?
    Send your cv anyways. Say that you are the best. They are always hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
      Send your cv anyways. Say that you are the best. They are always hiring.
      Have you worked out there?
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
        Have you worked out there?
        I did 3.5 yrs there in the mid-late nineties - still keep in touch with some chums out there and nearly moved back in 2003 (imminent appearance of mini-rantor put paid to that.)

Great lifestyle if you make the effort though a lot of blokes just end up becoming complete steamers. Fantastic diving, sailing, fishing, team sports. Great base for US travel. One of the most beautiful places I have ever set eyes on.

Downside - price of accomodation is utterly ludicrous now (big gripe with locals) and the wages, although largely tax free, are not that great whne living costs are taken into account (indeed 100k us is still difficult to get.) Jobs margely aimed at candaians as they are are seen as cheaper to hire. Insanely cliquey and villagey 'national' life that is best taken with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
          Great lifestyle if you make the effort though a lot of blokes just end up becoming complete steamers. Fantastic diving, sailing, fishing, team sports. Great base for US travel. One of the most beautiful places I have ever set eyes on.

Downside - price of accomodation is utterly ludicrous now (big gripe with locals) and the wages, although largely tax free, are not that great whne living costs are taken into account (indeed 100k us is still difficult to get.) Jobs margely aimed at candaians as they are are seen as cheaper to hire. Insanely cliquey and villagey 'national' life that is best taken with a pinch of salt.
          Sounds a bit like Zurich, accept its difficult to find an apartment outside the two moving months April and October. Can you stay resident there after you finish working there? I am resident in Zurich till the end of this year latest, then I have to find somewhere else.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

29 years / 10 years / 1 year.
            God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

29 years EC? We are not worthy! Does that include your paper round?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                Maybe he is trying to get the oldest contractor title!
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

8 months/4 months (so far in current contract)/0 (but already fantasising about end of current contract for a break)
                  Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by ContractIn
                    Interested in getting a general view of the life cycle of a contractor?....If you got 2 secs, would be grateful to answer the following?

What is…
                    Length of time being a contractor? 2.5 years
                    Longest contract? 18 months
                    Longest period out of contract? 0 days/months

What is…
                    Length of time being a contractor? 1.99 years
                    Longest contract? 3 months
                    Longest period out of contract? 1.41 yrs
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                      Nope. Started programming 1975 on COBOL. A mate from school started 2 years before by the time I did it, there were machines to punch the cards, that actually printed the code along the top. Not all of them did though, so I learned to read 80-col card. And count in hex.
                      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                      X