• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peak Oil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    One thing no one seems to realise is that oil replacement by fermenting corn etc. is already happening on such a large scale that world food prices are rising. In Europe we are insulated from such things, but in the 3rd world people are already getting more than a little angry that they are having to compete for food with cars.
    That's why you should be pouring your spare cash into agricultural commodities via ETC's

http://www.etfsecurities.com/en/welcome.asp

Comment

A bloke up the pub told me that they've developed an engine that runs off the plentiful supply of nitrogen in the atmosphere. I said that's great - if the only by-product turned out to be nitrous oxide we'd be laughing.
      Last edited by wendigo100; 22 June 2007, 23:41. Reason: spelin

Comment

Sod the price of food rising, I own several vehicles, my monthly fuel bill is phenominal.
        If somebody can come up with a way to reduce my fuel costs by 55% even if it meant buying new vans at 3 times the current market price; to run on a new fuel that would produce the same performance, it would be economically viable.
        We have become far too reliant on a resourse that is predominantly held by religious zealots and homicidal maniacs.
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Oil will never run out. Oil prices will rise over time and alternative fuel prices will fall, so at some point we'll just switch to alternative fuels/energy sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
            We have become far too reliant on a resourse that is predominantly held by religious zealots and homicidal maniacs.
            Hold on, the Scots might think the North Sea oil is predominantly theirs...

Comment

I thought the french had bought scotland?

Comment

I thought the french had bought scotland?
                Have they? I knew they'd bought Blair.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  Have they? I knew they'd bought Blair.
                  Dont you ever watch the news? That was the yanks!

Comment

Dont you ever watch the news? That was the yanks!
                    Shh! Don't tell the french!

Comment

Working...
                    X