• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next big thing on the Internet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next big thing on the Internet

What's going to be next big thing on the Internet that's going to make a few million/billionaires overnight?

We've had online auctions (eBay), search and pay-per-click advertising (Google), social networking (Linked-in, Facebook), music (i-tunes), video (YouTube), etc.

WHAT'S THE NEXT BIG THING?

(and how can I get in early and make a killing )

Originally posted by King Cnvt

Invent it yourself you lazt Cnvt
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm not going to tell you because it's mine, all mine you hear (evil laugh)

Comment

Try Here
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Next big money making idea?

Credit Card Fraud!

Apparently it's legal now.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
            Cool! Thanks!

Comment

Software-as-a-service-as-a-product!

Then comes software-as-a-service-as-a-product-as-a-service.

Comment

Look at these...

We've had online auctions (eBay), search and pay-per-click advertising (Google), social networking (Linked-in, Facebook), music (i-tunes), video (YouTube), etc.

You never needed them before why now? You develop something you think someone can use or need that will make their life easier and you'll reap the rewards.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
                  What's going to be next big thing on the Internet that's going to make a few million/billionaires overnight?

WHAT'S THE NEXT BIG THING?

I'm writing it so the next big thing will be the NBT.

Seriously I am spending time on something but I think the next big thing will be integrating data a website and desktop applications.

So lets say I am analysing the quarterly sales figures. I can go to a website to see them, import them into Excel. Work with them, maybe change some budget figures and then when I visit the website the data will change.

When I go home I can go to my PC at home, and open up and see the same data.

What I mean essentially is that a major part of an application will be provided via Web Services. This means that coupled with One-click deployment, there is no such thing as an upgrade. It all happens seemlessly, all I do is confirm that I want the upgrade done.

Any application with a heavy data input can be implemented this way, even document storage.

Tale for example Payroll. I've supported them and every year their is the same activity that can become a royal pain in the rear-end. Between the March Payroll and the April one assuming they straddle the end of the financial year, NIPAYE tables need updating. If you support Sage for example this may mean travelling around all clients and invariably some twit has corrupted the database so that will need repairing. I did this every year for 4 years and it is a pain.

Web based software would avoid both these and in addition corruptions cannot be caused by the user pulling the power because in the web the user is never actively connected to the database.

Comment

getting P0rn on your mobile is the next big thing!

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X