• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Move over Dougie Howser M.D

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman
    Consultant was heard to ask patient:

Do you want Thin and Crusty surgeon, or Dileepan?
    ROFL
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      If I remember the crash report, it wasn't the kids fault: the instruments started telling them crap, something about a go around track.
      You just looked it up!

No, the instruments were OK. The kid knocked it off autopilot and the plane put itself into a 90 degree stack pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        You just looked it up!

No, the instruments were OK. The kid knocked it off autopilot and the plane put itself into a 90 degree stack pattern.
        No I didn't. I saw it on 'Air-Crash Investigations' (Discovery or National Geographic channel) a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          I'll do it then... Reminds me a bit of that Russian airline pilot who used to leave the controls to his 14 year-old son while he went for a stroll down with the passengers. One day the son got into a near-vertical dive and dad couldn't get back to the cockpit. Crash!
          Sounds a bit like that urban legend about the guy who had such a bad nightmare he had a heart attack and died in his sleep - From the few scraps of the plane left, how would anyone know what caused the crash?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Black Box
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Sorry, Didn't mean to shout
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                It's odd that they're not actually black though...
                No they're orange but how else would you spot them amongst all the charred wreckage?!

The wife and I got hooked on ‘Air Crash Investigations’ shown on National Geographic when on our honeymoon in Cyprus… so much so that we were scared about come home!
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  The wife and I got hooked on ‘Air Crash Investigations’ shown on National Geographic when on our honeymoon in Cyprus… so much so that we were scared about come home!
                  Er.... Shouldnt you have been doing something else???

Comment

Originally posted by pickle
                    Er.... Shouldnt you have been doing something else???
                    There are 24 hours in a day... even I need a rest.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                      Agreed, now if they could come up with some show that was this and mix in some Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it'd be top TV!

Comment

Working...
                      X