• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK, so sad...but dont say it was someone elses fault

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so sad...but dont say it was someone elses fault

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/6220814.stm

Paul Birds, 45, said his wife had felt ill before the flight but a doctor at the airport cleared her to fly.

"We were expecting them to say she was not fit to fly," he said. "I don't think they should have let her fly."
    Well how about saying "Gee, honey I don't think you should fly". The medical staff gave an opinion, like an accountant. They give an opinion you dont have to do what they say.

Sad, but totally agree...sounds like he's waiting for the lawyers to call as he may just have a claim...

Comment

I think he does have a claim.

It is not just advice from a Dr is it! Not only that it was an airline/airport Dr.

Medical advice is more than just an interpretation.

I suspect money was at the heart of the decision in the first place.
      He wanted medical advice not to fly so he would not have to pay for another ticket. The airline wants them to fly so they dont have to fund another flight.

pressure on the Dr from both ends.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Money shouldnt come in to it, it should be solely about the health of the "patient".

Its a bit like how pilots should be left to fly, not to worry about the cost implications of staying on the ground for safety reasons.

Mailman

Comment

I think the lone gunman has it there.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by scon_ead
            Sad, but totally agree...sounds like he's waiting for the lawyers to call as he may just have a claim...
            That's a bit fkin harsh isn't it? the bloke's just lost his wife, and you're accusing him of gearing up to sue! have some compassion!
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
              That's a bit fkin harsh isn't it? the bloke's just lost his wife, and you're accusing him of gearing up to sue! have some compassion!
              haha - I'm not saying I don't feel for the fella, maybe I'm just programmed to think that way due to society blah blah blah.

Bottom line, she can't breathe, she couldn't even walk into the airport...I wouldn't be telling my Mrs to fly in that situation. Just my opinion.

If my Mrs couldn't breathe I'd just release my hands slighty from her throat...

Comment

Working...
              X