• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Feckin' Car Insurance Again!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Feckin' Car Insurance Again!!!!

I feckin hate June. It's the month my car insurance renewal quote comes through and then I spend sh1t loads of time on confused.com, moneysupermarket.com and all the rest trying to find a competitive quote that ain't so competitive when you read the small print. Quote me happy? B0ll0x, I'd be lucky to be quoted mildly contented!

What is it with insurance comapnies? I've held a full licence and drove for 26 years. I've never been involved in any accident, never had a motoring conviction and still my feckin' premium goes up on average by £50 a year.

Who the feck am I subsidising?? All the feckers who drive without insurance? Feckin boy racers? Who??

Ok, rant over, feel better now

You wanna try buying yourself a car for xmas and birthday. The proceeding years when all the bills drop on the mat along with the birthday cards can become a tad irritating.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

My insurance is now down to £230 for me and the missus, down from about twice that 5 years ago. Excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae

Who the feck am I subsidising?? All the feckers who drive without insurance? Feckin boy racers? Who??
        like me No insurance, No MOT, No Tax come to think of No Car
        Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

My car insurance went down this year to £216.00
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
            like me No insurance, No MOT, No Tax
            Liverpool drivers eh? ... the scallys!
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The River Mersey runs through Liverpool...

It has to, or it would be mugged.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Mine was up for renewal last week at a price of £318.

Did the usual and looked on confused.com, elephant.co.uk etc and determined that this was a fair price for renewal as the cheapest quotes I was getting were in that area (most of the quotes were way above this price).

As I go through a broker, called them up, told them I had a lower quote from More Than at £285 and they came back with £272.

Fifty squids saved for about 10mins work. Sorted.

Comment

Mine jumed from about 500 up to 1000 because of 2 minor claims. Shopped around and got it back down to 466. Will definately continue shopping around next year - they are all a bunch of rip off merchants

The thing I really hate about insurance companies is that they tie the customer down with all the small print, to avoid paying out, but when they do, they happily pay over the odds to the garage for the work. In my case, when the scrotes broke into my car, all that was needed was a new door handle and a bit of paint. The lock was not damaged. Total cost £672.00 and the dopey feckers paid it. The one before that, I nudged a car when I tried to get through a gap which ultimately proved too narow for my car. I never bothered having the 'damage' put right as it was so minor. They paid out £452. Why do they happily pay over the odds to the garage? That is who you are subsidising.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                  X