• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your Worst 3 Agent Experiences Ever !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Having a agency go bankrupt owing me a hell of a lot of money (nearly 3 months worth) one month before the delivery of a project that I had spent the previous 12 months working on and then having the liquidators muddy the waters to such a extent that the client and myself could not work anything out direct. Me out of nearly 3 months income, client out 12 months of investment for a project that would never be finished (and never was)

2. Applying for a "sweet" position for a unnamed company, getting the run around from the agent for 3 weeks until the agent let "slip" the name of the company to tag me along for longer. Unfortunately for the agent I knew the head of IT for that company so gave him a call and found not only did the position not exist but he had implemented a policy of "no more contractors" 4 months previously

3. Normal Agent bulltulip

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
      1. Having a agency go bankrupt owing me a hell of a lot of money (nearly 3 months worth) one month before the delivery of a project that I had spent the previous 12 months working on and then having the liquidators muddy the waters to such a extent that the client and myself could not work anything out direct. Me out of nearly 3 months income, client out 12 months of investment for a project that would never be finished (and never was)

2. Applying for a "sweet" position for a unnamed company, getting the run around from the agent for 3 weeks until the agent let "slip" the name of the company to tag me along for longer. Unfortunately for the agent I knew the head of IT for that company so gave him a call and found not only did the position not exist but he had implemented a policy of "no more contractors" 4 months previously

3. Normal Agent bulltulip
      You made the last one up. You see we are not so bad after two attempts are we?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        Well not every agent is as good as you.

Anyway - why not start a thread entitled "Your Worst 3 Contractor Experiences Ever!" for the agents on here?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          Why the name spider lover? Is there something we should know? Has it anything to do with why you were sacked?
          Nah, nothing so weird - it's just that I have an unhealthy passion for Alfa Romeos.....I've got a 1973 Spider in the garage and a 2007 Spider on the road.

Alfa Romeo Owner's Club ad: "Why not push your car to one of our meetings?"

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            DA - do any contractors ever try to 'get back' at agencies e.g; visits with baseball bats or similar?

I guess it wouldn't be that common, but I knew of one mob that went bust owing some guys a lot of cash. I would find it hard to believe that one of these guys in particular did not go for a more direct solution.
            Last edited by Rantor; 12 June 2007, 13:01.

Comment

Working...
            X