• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parents encouraged to use large 4x4's by the government

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, is the concensus that the cost of 4x4's should be increased so as to discourage people from using them?

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
      So, is the concensus that the cost of 4x4's should be increased so as to discourage people from using them?
      No, I'd ASBO urban 4x4 dwellers. And maybe make the drivers do unpaid community service as lollipop men/women.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
        No, I'd ASBO urban 4x4 dwellers. And maybe make the drivers do unpaid community service as lollipop men/women.
        It is kinda hypocritical because if try to do the same with smokers, you guys are up in arms...Nooo, don't take my fags!!!!!!

Comment

It is kinda hypocritical because if try to do the same with smokers, you guys are up in arms...Nooo, don't take my fags!!!!!!
          How about we let them smoke while on lollipop duty. Fair enough, now?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
            How about we let them smoke while on lollipop duty. Fair enough, now?
            So, do they usher the kids across the road while sitting in the X5?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              How many times do we need to say it, in the 70's you didn't have to put a child seat roughly half the size of your rear seat into the car, nowdays you do because of the change in law. It is the fact that you have to shove all kids under 11 (or a certain height) into a child seat that is stopping us from shoving 4 kids in the back now.
              The age is under 12, the height is 135cm. More importantly it is only the first 2 who need to be restrained at all - if the 2 restraints prevent the fitment of a third. In the case of under 3's they must be restrained except in a taxi. So, the only time you are truly stuffed is 3 kids under 3.

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/law/index.htm#under3

It has always been illegal to have more occupants that seats.

Comment

No I don't agree with pricing them off the road they already pay more road tax and fuel duty, I'd make them only available in pink, restrict them to 56mph and limit them to the first 2 lanes so they have to play uphill drag racing with the HGV’s on the motorway.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  No I don't agree with pricing them off the road they already pay more road tax and fuel duty, I'd make them only available in pink, restrict them to 56mph and limit them to the first 2 lanes so they have to play uphill drag racing with the HGV’s on the motorway.

So, run out of sensible ideas?

Comment

So, run out of sensible ideas?
                    Ok take away the pink option, the other ideas aren't too bad.

At least they would know how the rest of us feel.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                      Ok take away the pink option, the other ideas aren't too bad.

At least they would know how the rest of us feel.
                      Why, some 4x4's go faster than most road cars...or is it that they make you feel inadequate?

Comment

Working...
                      X