• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sports Car Hire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill
    Didn't Eugene Evans have one?
    thought he gave it away for a toothbrush...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It's easy to get lost in Liverpool- I don't know if it's because they've nicked all the road signs for scrap , but many's the time I've ended up on an anonymous council estate after taking a wrong turn... street after street of identical council houses!

The one time I did stop & ask a scouser for directions - he would only tell me on condition of a lift to where he was going!
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
        http://www.bespokes.co.uk/index_nn.htm

Edit: £1350 for a 360 Spider for a 4 day weekend.
        site looks good and cheap compared to others i have been looking at. These prices are subject to VAT but even then it is still cheaper.
        Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
          now i know some of you contractors probably own these cars but me young relative new to contracting haven't built up enough capital to get one.

I wish to hire a sports car for a weekend Fri - Mon (or sun pm) looking on the net i'm finding stupid prices of £2k plus 5k for a deposit. Are these the sort of normal prices do you think. By the way forgot to mention that i'm looking at hiring a Ferrari 360 spider or is there anywhere out there anyone can recommend or knows is cheaper.

maybe if you do own one you could hire it out to me ?
          Well, it just so happens I have an interest in a company that does this. They get my 'cast offs'. It is based in the Netherlands.

The prices you quote are pretty normal. It is often the case the cars return needing work. Unless you are a good sensible driver, expect to lose the deposit.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Agree with Threaded - prices are about right.

Of course - depends which weekend your talking about. Next weekend - expect to pay more, if you can find a car to hire. There's a certain 24 hour race going on.
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

There not cheap because they are feckin expensive to insure for hire, the Vietnamese guy who was on the apprentice last year lives near me and he had all sorts of auto exotica on his drive that were all for hire, he had to give the business up as the overheads were just too much.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's true... the average range I spent on spider maintenance per month was £300 - 500
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

dont buy an alfa then - cost me a bomb to maintain an not even a fully fledged sportscar!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    It's easy to get lost in Liverpool- I don't know if it's because they've nicked all the road signs for scrap , but many's the time I've ended up on an anonymous council estate after taking a wrong turn... street after street of identical council houses!

The one time I did stop & ask a scouser for directions - he would only tell me on condition of a lift to where he was going!
                    If you ever get lost here again, my advice is to climb up the big hill in the centre so you can get your bearings again.

Ask any scouser where Mount Killamanforagiro is.
                    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero
                      Ask any scouser where Mount Killamanforagiro is.
                      ha ha original
                      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Working...
                      X