• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sports Car Hire

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sports Car Hire"

Collapse

• King Cnvt
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
    Spider it is. Quote recieved including insurance for me being under age of 30 and i'm liking it. Even got local pick up for me which saves on delivery charge

Have you looked at the excess you have to pay? £3K to £5K

With those cars, someone kicking off a wing mirror or hitting it in a car park will cost you your deposit.

If the gearbox goes, they are going to try and sting you for the excess.

Excess & Security Deposit:

(A) As a security bond
    (B) As payments towards any mechanical damage which is not covered by our Insurers, eg, tyres, wheels, clutch, gearbox and which was sustained during the hire period, excluding normal wear and tear, due to misuse and abuse.
    (C) As an insurance excess against any accidental damage or loss caused to the vehicle by a third party or the hirer. The hirer is liable for the amount shown as Excess Deposit. Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is available to reduce this. Please see below.
    (D) Additional charges incurred during hire for excess mileage and, or, petrol reimbursement charges. The Excess Security Deposit is as per the tariff.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    i do intend to drive really slow to annoy people just like fast cars driving slow annoys me.

i'm even not going to overtake a lorry at points i could clearly do so just to see expressions on peoples face ha ha
    Have you ever driven a rear wheel drive car before? Especially one with serious BHP?
    I suggest you try something a little more tame before writing off an 100k car and probably several others in the process. Or at least do a track day first.

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    Bargain price. Have some fun, drive at 30mph in front of a car towing a caravan on the country roads. That will wind some drivers up.
    i do intend to drive really slow to annoy people just like fast cars driving slow annoys me.

i'm even not going to overtake a lorry at points i could clearly do so just to see expressions on peoples face ha ha

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    I have to admit, your posts are an inspiration, do you think you will ever manage a paragraph?
    Blimey, you really are verging on the "stalker" side troll. You are AtW and I claim my £5!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Spider it is. Quote recieved including insurance for me being under age of 30 and i'm liking it. Even got local pick up for me which saves on delivery charge

Bargain price. Have some fun, drive at 30mph in front of a car towing a caravan on the country roads. That will wind some drivers up.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    You can have a porsche boxster s on a 24 hour test drive for free

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964
    http://www.bespokes.co.uk/index_nn.htm

Edit: £1350 for a 360 Spider for a 4 day weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    It would explain a lot about your contributions to the forum at least.
    Does he have "Two Beds" as well?
    Trust me, there are
    hth SB
    Happens??
    Oh yes, I am sure it has cost us a packet over the years alexei!
    I have to admit, your posts are an inspiration, do you think you will ever manage a paragraph?
    Last edited by Troll; 8 June 2007, 20:55.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Easy for you obviously. Could that be down to the fact that you come fitted with the directional sense of a female lemming I wonder? It would explain a lot about your contributions to the forum at least.
    diddums

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    It's easy to get lost in Liverpool
    Easy for you obviously. Could that be down to the fact that you come fitted with the directional sense of a female lemming I wonder? It would explain a lot about your contributions to the forum at least.

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero
    Ask any scouser where Mount Killamanforagiro is.
    ha ha original

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    It's easy to get lost in Liverpool- I don't know if it's because they've nicked all the road signs for scrap , but many's the time I've ended up on an anonymous council estate after taking a wrong turn... street after street of identical council houses!

The one time I did stop & ask a scouser for directions - he would only tell me on condition of a lift to where he was going!
    If you ever get lost here again, my advice is to climb up the big hill in the centre so you can get your bearings again.

Ask any scouser where Mount Killamanforagiro is.

Leave a comment:

• young veteran
    replied
    dont buy an alfa then - cost me a bomb to maintain an not even a fully fledged sportscar!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    It's true... the average range I spent on spider maintenance per month was £300 - 500

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    There not cheap because they are feckin expensive to insure for hire, the Vietnamese guy who was on the apprentice last year lives near me and he had all sorts of auto exotica on his drive that were all for hire, he had to give the business up as the overheads were just too much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X