• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Complacency 'rife' in IT projects

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TinTin
    As anyone that has worked in a Gov't paid contract will tell you, as a contractor you love it, but as a tax-payer you hate it, because of the incompetence and the waste. A year ago, the NHS through Accenture were paying an army of contractors up in Leeds and other sites that were doing practically nothing for months. Now they can't afford to pay the front-line doctors and nurses. I'm worried though that, as a result of all the past failures, there may be a lot less public IT work in future. What do you think?
    Government "inititives" will ensure that the work will not dry up, plus a number of gvt agencies are self funding anyway...
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      Word to the wise...

you can be seen when quoted...
      I hate this board
      Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
      I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tino
        "here here"

cmon lil fishy bite bite bite
        where where?

Comment

Originally posted by TinTin
          As anyone that has worked in a Gov't paid contract will tell you, as a contractor you love it, but as a tax-payer you hate it, because of the incompetence and the waste. A year ago, the NHS through Accenture were paying an army of contractors up in Leeds and other sites that were doing practically nothing for months. Now they can't afford to pay the front-line doctors and nurses. I'm worried though that, as a result of all the past failures, there may be a lot less public IT work in future. What do you think?
          But how much were Accenture actually being paid for their idle contractors? They made a considerable loss on the contract before they pulled out.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
            They made a considerable loss on the contract before they pulled out.
            Only on paper, reality is different...
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Only on paper, reality is different...
              Ah - the secret reality. Say no more

Comment

Working...
              X