• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Artic in the Lords today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the newspaper? It was on the bar if that helps...

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
      To the newspaper? It was on the bar if that helps...
      Which paper?
      I do not believe this. Arctic only gave their evidence yesterday so I od not see how a decision could have been made already. Besides neither this site, shout99 or the PCG has reported a result yet.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Most up-to-date article I can find on Google.

a) No verdict likely for 6-13 weeks.

b) Journalist concludes, "we are quietly confident that it will fall in favour of the taxpayer."

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          Which paper?
          I do not believe this. Arctic only gave their evidence yesterday so I od not see how a decision could have been made already. Besides neither this site, shout99 or the PCG has reported a result yet.
          I will see if it is still in the bar later....

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
            Most up-to-date article I can find on Google.

a) No verdict likely for 6-13 weeks.

b) Journalist concludes, "we are quietly confident that it will fall in favour of the taxpayer."
            Word is the result will be announced in between 6 and 13 weeks (there's a summer recess in that time frame) but it will be on a Thursday. Reading the reports from people in the room, it looks good for Arctic but of course nothing is certain; we are talking technical interpretation of the law here, not logic! However nobody thought they saw any indication that the basis of the HMRC's appeal would reverse the previous unanimous verdict.

Incidentally the "journalist" quoted was Nicola Ross-Martin, resident tax expert at Accountingweb and a long time supporter of Arctic. I tend to trust her judgement
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
              Incidentally the "journalist" quoted was Nicola Ross-Martin, resident tax expert at Accountingweb and a long time supporter of Arctic. I tend to trust her judgement
              Yeah, "journalist" was obviously the wrong word now you mention it. I could hardly understand a word she was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                I do not believe this. Arctic only gave their evidence yesterday so I od not see how a decision could have been made already.
                Perhaps Gordon has had a word and it's a done deal...

Comment

Working...
                X