• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you ever feel like saying....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever feel like saying....

....get a clue to companies.

I must have seen the same job advertised for the last 6 weeks. Apart from its rate being £20,000 about £10,000 too low for that role for even a mediocre person I just want to go and shake the person who keeps putting them up and shout "guess what, its not working!".

Geez. If after the first 2 weeks you havent had any bites what makes you think 4 more weeks of the same tulip advert will make it any better.

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    No.
    Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet

I must have seen the same job advertised for the last 6 weeks. Apart from its rate being £20,000 about £10,000 too low for that role for even a mediocre person I just want to go and shake the person who keeps putting them up and shout "guess what, its not working!".

Geez. If after the first 2 weeks you havent had any bites what makes you think 4 more weeks of the same tulip advert will make it any better.

Er, Jobserve by any chance?

Comment

A previous manager I worked for prided himself on driving a hard bargain and was good at it when the market was working his way. He's now lost a lot of staff and apparently they advertised for replacements a few weeks back and didn't get one CV ! The market is swinging our way at the moment, I expect Gordon and Co to quietly loosen the work permit setup.
        Last edited by rootsnall; 4 June 2007, 13:28.

Comment

Loosen? It's about as loose as the birth canal of a Blue Whale after giving birth to siamese twins!
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

..there's always someone in a hard situation who will work for much less than the market rate. It just sometimes takes a few weeks for them to turn up.

All contractor day rates get more and more flexible the longer they are out of work too.. if your ususal rate is £500 a day its better to work for £100 a day lower on a 3 month contract than spend 3 more weeks out of work

Comment

Originally posted by M@H
              ..there's always someone in a hard situation who will work for much less than the market rate. It just sometimes takes a few weeks for them to turn up.

All contractor day rates get more and more flexible the longer they are out of work too.. if your ususal rate is £500 a day its better to work for £100 a day lower on a 3 month contract than spend 3 more weeks out of work
              I've never had the nerve to see it through myself but I know some non superstar but OK contractors who will sit it out for a top whack rate. I think it works if the market is OK, a desperate or naive client will come along in the end.

Comment

..here writes a man who is on less than last contract..lol
                Last edited by M@H; 5 June 2007, 09:23. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                X