• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outsourcing Contract Hunting to a Virtual Assistant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to trial it for a week at the 3 weeks to go stage. I'll check in with my VA twice a day, once at about 12 and once at about 4. They would have the facility to contact me urgently as well if need be.

What I'm worried about is how much they might charge - would it be a full day's work for them (8 x $15)?

I'm still waiting to hear back as I enquired about this to them. They do offer this as one of their services:

Getting a job for a person who lost his job due to outsourcing a year back. We did the job search, did the cover letters, did the resume tuning and got the client a job in 30 days.
    https://www.getfriday.com/services-common.htm
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On
      I'm going to trial it for a week at the 3 weeks to go stage. I'll check in with my VA twice a day, once at about 12 and once at about 4. They would have the facility to contact me urgently as well if need be.

What I'm worried about is how much they might charge - would it be a full day's work for them (8 x $15)?

I'm still waiting to hear back as I enquired about this to them. They do offer this as one of their services:

https://www.getfriday.com/services-common.htm
      Let us know how it goes. I am interested in this as wsell.

Comment

"Getting a job for a person who lost his job due to outsourcing" -

i.e. outsourced service companies got this chap made redundant, and he could only get another job by paying another outsourced service company, and they're downright proud of it!

10/10 for brass neck, might try them myself!

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk
          It is kinda inconvenient to go out the room every time you get a call. The clients see that you are considering other stuff. This can be an indication to them that you are looking for something else ( although you are just keeping in touch for better offers ) . And this will influence their renewal decision.
          Why should this bother you? I think it's handy to have agents call while I'm on the client site - it shows that I'm not reliant on the client for further work and puts me in the position of power at renewal time.

If the client saw no demand elsewhere for my services, they'd be more inclined to assume that I would accept the same rate and/or working conditions for the renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
            Why should this bother you? I think it's handy to have agents call while I'm on the client site - it shows that I'm not reliant on the client for further work and puts me in the position of power at renewal time.

If the client saw no demand elsewhere for my services, they'd be more inclined to assume that I would accept the same rate and/or working conditions for the renewal.
            I guess you re right. I am still "green" with this. But the idea of having someone take care of secretarial stuff is interesting.It supports the idea of expanding your business.
            Last edited by 2uk; 3 June 2007, 22:36.

Comment

Working...
            X