• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big Brother!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather push red hot needles through my eyes than watch a program with the sole purpose of allowing pyschologists and their kind get their jollies trying to pigeonhole people into nice little categories. I'm just waiting for Channel 4 to screw it up royally this year so it will be taken off air for good.

Comment

Channel 4 to screw it up royally this year so it will be taken off air for good
      Considering it makes about 15% of the total revenue for C4, I think it it will persist in one form or another.

Perhaps it will change format in to "The Running Man / Saw" entertainment.

Perhaps they need to introduce some of society's less savoury elements in to the program (convicted rapists, serial killers, etc) and then introduce a nightly "nights out" policy.

Should keep them on edge.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
        It's not very good this year is it?
        When has it ever?

The trouble with Big Bore is that C4 does have some good programmes on it, so one finds it difficult not to avoid 30 seconds of the programme; which is 30 seconds too long.

Maybe one should bill C4 for the 30 seconds as you will never get it back.

Comment

Working...
        X