• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Performance Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Review

Just had an email from the manager I report to saying my agency has asked him to do a performance review on me. FFS!! I'm a Ltd Co IT contractor FFS!! What the feck is all this about FFS!! The client has just extended my contract FFS!! Isn't that a ringing endorsement FFS!!

Anyone else had to put up with this b0ll0x, FFS!!

Tell 'em to f**k off.
    Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      Just had an email from the manager I report to saying my agency has asked him to do a performance review on me. FFS!! I'm a Ltd Co IT contractor FFS!! What the feck is all this about FFS!! The client has just extended my contract FFS!! Isn't that a ringing endorsement FFS!!

Anyone else had to put up with this b0ll0x, FFS!!
      It is all about ISO, customer service and all the other bu**sh*t that goes on. They have obviously got a consultant in there to advise on "continuous improvement" processes.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You are a disguised employee and I know where you live

Hector
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I told my client I will not be having an appraisal and stated that if he extends my contract then that is my 'appraisal' as such.

I recently made a joke about something and he said I'll send you your p45 in the post. I reminded him that he is my client and cannot give me a P45 as I will still be employed by my company and will still get a monthly salary etc.

Just ring your agency and tell them as a contractor you do not get a review.
          Also tell your client the same thing. I'd be surprised if your client really wants to another appraisal. As far as I can remember they have difficulty doing the permies ones.
          Last edited by TheRightStuff; 29 May 2007, 16:15.

Comment

If the agency want to request feedback from their client on the resource they've placed (you!) then that's their business.

you only need to get involved if the client line manager tries to subject you to a permie style appraisal.

Think of it this way - the client gives you a brilliant write up then the agency knows you're worth getting more work for. At the end of you contract the pimp rings you and says "because I know you're good I've got another gig lined up already".

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              You are a disguised employee and I know where you live

Hector
              here here or is that hear hear...
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone
                If the agency want to request feedback from their client on the resource they've placed (you!) then that's their business.

you only need to get involved if the client line manager tries to subject you to a permie style appraisal.

Think of it this way - the client gives you a brilliant write up then the agency knows you're worth getting more work for. At the end of you contract the pimp rings you and says "because I know you're good I've got another gig lined up already".
                I agree. Any agent worth his salt will ask the client for feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  I agree. Any agent worth his salt will ask the client for feedback.
                  This happened to me.
                  Agent - Is Old Greg getting on OK?
                  Client - Yes, very well
                  Agent - Any problems?
                  Client - No (maybe spending a bit tool long on contractoruk.com)
                  Agent - Do you need any more contractors at the moment?
                  Client - Not my department, mate

End of - no worries.

Comment

Working...
                  X