• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

does anyone use 4 Od Demand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone use 4 Od Demand

Can I download a film/program onto my laptop, then watch it whilst travelling, disconnected from the internet ??
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

[QUOTE=n5gooner]Can I download a film/program onto my laptop, then watch it whilst travelling, disconnected from the internet ??[/QUOTE

I use it but haven't tried it when disconnected. I assume you can because you can choose to either stream or download the file.

Comment

I downloaded it for some ugly betty and found I had to watch it within 48 before DRM kicked in, £2.50 a go... I've now got rid of it, why should I not be able to type in my tv license number rather than my credit card number? nah left a bitter taste. The software worked fine though never a problem.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
        I downloaded it for some ugly betty and found I had to watch it within 48 before DRM kicked in, £2.50 a go... I've now got rid of it, why should I not be able to type in my tv license number rather than my credit card number? nah left a bitter taste. The software worked fine though never a problem.
        On a more general note, I avoid DRM-protected stuff on a matter of principle, not because I pirate (I don't). There is so much entertainment around that I don't have time for it all, so why mess about with anything that annoys me? And a distribution medium ignorant of the fact that things have changed from the days of very few broadcasters and little choice, is something that annoys me.
        God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

I tried it but it installs a P2P server so others will download programmes off your machine whilst you are connected. I just didn't have the bandwidth (512K) to support that.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
          X