• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT consultant have a go hero

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT consultant have a go hero

Sorry if you did this already, I have been away from the code face for a couple of days.

Which of you chaps was it?

In this modern era, do we think it was right and proper to step in and help or were the consequences glaringly obvious before hand?

Has this chap raised the profile of IT consultants or made us look foolish?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Can't be a real IT consultant or he'd have run away very fast indeed.

Like any sensible person confronted by a nutter with a gun.
    If it had been I wouldnt of got involved, bottom line by trying to be a hero, he risked his life and others around him. The banks are insured for this and procedure is just to not to put up a fight and just give over the cash.

If I were me I would of got my phone out and started filming

Comment

What a sad society we live in when we question this guys actions, but yet we have stopped questioning why this crime took place in the first place!
      threenine.co.uk
      Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by cykophysh39
        What a sad society we live in when we question this guys actions, but yet we have stopped questioning why this crime took place in the first place!
        You mean - there's too many poor people driven to desperate measures like robbing banks?

Comment

I wouldn't lift a finger to help a bank out like this until I'm convinced the banking industry would rally round to help me out of a tight spot.

If it was a person's life in danger, then the situation would be different, but I guess nobody knows what they'd do until they are there.

Comment

It's only fecking money & not worth anyone's life... other than those of the miscreants of course...
            He wasn't doing it to save the money, but to save the female security gaurds life.
            threenine.co.uk
            Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

The reality is that none of us know what we would do unless we are in this situation...its surely an instinctive thing at the time...
              Property advisor for the people

Comment

What's the saying... evil prospers when good men do nothing?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Once you realise what money is you realise it's not worth any life.

Comment

However, as you say, in the heat of the moment, who knows what one might do?
                    I would become Banana Man

Comment

Working...
                    X