• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK police state : police allowed stop and quiz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is a good idea BUT seeing as this is England there is scope for this to be f8cked up royally by the PC brigade!

The only way this legislation will ever work is if they target the groups who are most at risk of committing terrorist attacks, namely the followers of the religion of piece

Them and young black males!

Now, as Im a highly paid permy I live in Canary Wharf...I wish the police state would hurry up and arrive there so all those little jihadi's running around will get banged up (or detonated, Im not fussy)

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by fzbucks
      It was only said in jest - however it would be interesting to see who owns those companies that "sell" acres on the moon for them gifts that people give to the man that has everything - what claim do they have on the moon to be able to sell acres or whatever measurement they use
      There was a documentary a short while ago about this, most of these companies seem to be US based (though there was a Chinese one as well, though recently shut down) but as Troll said the US does not claim ownership of the moon, there is actually some type of international agreement that no country can claim the moon or any part of it. But this is also the loophole these companies use, aka they are not countries so not actually excluded from claiming ownership.

Thus they exist in a legal void but it is generally accepted they and their "deeds of ownership" have no legal standing. But regardless of this seems they make very good money selling worthless pieces of paper, one company was estimated to have made millions, guess the saying about a sucker born every minute is true

Comment

So how big is your holdings on the moon then?

Anyways...for a police state England isnt as restrictive as I thought it would be!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
          There was a documentary a short while ago about this, most of these companies seem to be US based (though there was a Chinese one as well, though recently shut down) but as Troll said the US does not claim ownership of the moon, there is actually some type of international agreement that no country can claim the moon or any part of it. But this is also the loophole these companies use, aka they are not countries so not actually excluded from claiming ownership.

Thus they exist in a legal void but it is generally accepted they and their "deeds of ownership" have no legal standing. But regardless of this seems they make very good money selling worthless pieces of paper, one company was estimated to have made millions, guess the saying about a sucker born every minute is true
          What? I bought land on a beach on the Sea of Tranquility!

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
            I think stopping and searching is a good idea. I have nothing to hide and if it helps catch terrorists, nutters carrrying knives or gun and drug dealers, then for a little bit of inconvenience it seems fine to me.

My only worry is that it gives Muslims another way of claiming persecution. As soon as one is stopped, that's it "I am being persecuted for being Muslim"....
            But this is strictly for Muslims and no one else! So you can sleep sound.

"I've nothing to hide" is such a silly rationalisation. The word "freedom" truely has lost its meaning.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Was the tide out at the time?
              Haven't been yet. I piled my life savings into it as a pension investment. I was advised to get in early.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
                But this is strictly for Muslims and no one else! So you can sleep sound.

"I've nothing to hide" is such a silly rationalisation. The word "freedom" truely has lost its meaning.
                One could then argue that freedom also covers the right to carry knives etc.

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
                  One could then argue that freedom also covers the right to carry knives etc.
                  Nothing wrong with carrying knives. I carry a small one for those odd times I need one. And, obviously, making them illegal has kept them off the street. not!
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                  X