• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK police state : police allowed stop and quiz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    me bags are packed. now, which continent shall I move to?
    The Moon

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
      I got stopped and searched in Liverpool Street under the Terrorism Act 1 year ago. They checked the details I gave them by radio and seached my bag and patted me down.

So they can do it anyway, whats all the fuss about?
      Exactly.

Originally posted by GreenerGrass
      Yes, we'll have more of the ridiculous situation where elderly white grandparents are searched at airports while Muslim women (thats assuming they're not really men) wearing veils are just waved through so as not to offend them.
      According to the guy in the pub, or is this true?
      All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Originally posted by wizard1974uk
        The Moon
        Is the moon a continent?
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
          I got stopped and searched in Liverpool Street under the Terrorism Act 1 year ago. They checked the details I gave them by radio and seached my bag and patted me down.

So they can do it anyway, whats all the fuss about?
          I think currently then can declare areas where they have these powers, right? Say how about that old man from the Labour conference a couple of years back. he was prevented from returning under the TA?

This is all a gimick as there are so many existing powers the Police have that the TA is mainly redundant laws. Its just something the keep people fearing the "next bomb" - unless we have these powers.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
            Is the moon a continent?
            It's the only place the human race hasn't buggered up yet

Comment

Originally posted by wizard1974uk
              It's the only place the human race hasn't buggered up yet
              Well America claimed it so i suppose it's just a matter of time

Comment

I think stopping and searching is a good idea. I have nothing to hide and if it helps catch terrorists, nutters carrrying knives or gun and drug dealers, then for a little bit of inconvenience it seems fine to me.

My only worry is that it gives Muslims another way of claiming persecution. As soon as one is stopped, that's it "I am being persecuted for being Muslim"....

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
                  As soon as one is stopped, that's it "I am being persecuted for being Muslim"....
                  You are being persecuted for being mental. Sounds fair enough. As long as subscribers to all religions are treated equally as though they are as mental as eachother then I don't see an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by fzbucks
                    Well America claimed it so i suppose it's just a matter of time
                    When did it claim it? my recollection of the moon landings was " We came in peace for all mankind" but concede they did unfurl American Flags.

but then again... "After the successful landings on the Moon, the U.S. explicitly disclaimed the right to ownership of any part of the Moon."
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                      When did it claim it? my recollection of the moon landings was " We came in peace for all mankind" but concede they did unfurl American Flags.

but then again... "After the successful landings on the Moon, the U.S. explicitly disclaimed the right to ownership of any part of the Moon."
                      It was only said in jest - however it would be interesting to see who owns those companies that "sell" acres on the moon for them gifts that people give to the man that has everything - what claim do they have on the moon to be able to sell acres or whatever measurement they use

Comment

Working...
                      X